New guy with a seat question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

techmike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just got a '06 Ram 1500 SLT regular cab. I Love this truck, but I have one question. If you remove the package tray behind the seat will it allow the seat to adjust further back. I'm a tall guy with long legs and could use the space.
Any help would be much appreciated.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Welcome to RF. I'm guessing here but I don't think taking that tray out will allow you to move the seat back any further

OP
OP
T

techmike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I figured that would be the answer....just by looking it appears that is the only thing stopping it, but there may be some sort of stop or it may be hitting something else as well. I guess I should get off my lazy butt and try it.

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Welcome to RF, the tray just stops the back from laying farther back. There might be a way to slide to slides back but havent checked to be honest. Im 6'2 and with my seat all the way back I have a good amount of room.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
I'm thinking for safety reasons the tray in the back can not be what physically stops the seat from sliding back.

wermbang

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 Off Road
Engine
5.9L V8 Sport
Welcome to the site

tmerritt530

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
287 ci
They tray has no effect on sliding. It doesn't affect leaning either my seatback hits the back wall of the cab when I recline.

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
^I will have to look at mine again, I know I hit the subs before the seat hits the wall, might have to yank em to see for ***** and giggles.

OP
OP
T

techmike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
^I will have to look at mine again, I know I hit the subs before the seat hits the wall, might have to yank em to see for ***** and giggles.

If you happen to try let me know how it turns out.

OP
OP
T

techmike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm thinking for safety reasons the tray in the back can not be what physically stops the seat from sliding back.

I'm sure there is a stop somewhere but my questions is "Does the package try interfere with the rearward travel of the seat before the stop does"?

OP
OP
T

techmike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Welcome to RF, the tray just stops the back from laying farther back. There might be a way to slide to slides back but havent checked to be honest. Im 6'2 and with my seat all the way back I have a good amount of room.

Short Lil Guy like you it's no wonder. :) We all folks have more problems. I kid.....I'm only a couple inched taller than you but it's all legs.

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
^Hahahhaha yeah have a kid here 6'7... tall mother and drove a 2nd gen dodge. They changed the center con in 06 wonder if thats part of your leg issue? I will get back to my truck this weekend to detail it so I will try remembering to see what mine stops at. Is your seat the manual or elec? Mines the full elec seat on driver side.

OP
OP
T

techmike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
^Hahahhaha yeah have a kid here 6'7... tall mother and drove a 2nd gen dodge. They changed the center con in 06 wonder if thats part of your leg issue? I will get back to my truck this weekend to detail it so I will try remembering to see what mine stops at. Is your seat the manual or elec? Mines the full elec seat on driver side.

Yep...that the one I have. This is my first Ram so I don't have anything to compare it to. This truck is 99.99% perfect for me...If I could get another inch or two for my legs it would...be 100%