new help please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Butterflywings85

Reaction score
Ram Year
93 dodge d150, 94 dodge ram 1500
Engine
v6 3.9 liter, V8 magnum 5.2 liter
i have a 94 dodge ram laramie slt 1500 v8 magnum 5.2 liter dual exhaust, and im having issues identifying what could be wrong. heres the problem when the motor is cool it drives like a dream, but once it warms up the motor starts to shake the speed will decrease to about 30 mph and it even shakes when it it is park, like its losing power and it is now backfiring.

we just replaced the ball bearings, all plugs and wires were good put in a new coil, and is getting ready to try a new fuel pump.

we just bought the truck 2 weeks ago, for a week the truck drove perfect no shaking got up to speed perfectly no back firing, the whole reason we even took the truck in was because we had a power steering pressure hose leak. thats when they noticed the bearings were bad. the truck never any issue until they changed the bearings.

about a week ago after we got new ball bearings on the truck, i was driving it home and took a sharp left to get into our driveway and it made a loud pop. got ahold of the mechanic and the passenger side ball bearing broke, but the steering wheel shifted to the left, it is now out of alignment with the wheels.

also my husband was driving behind me and noticed when it back fired that white smoke came out. my mechanic says he thinks we got ahold of bad gas.

anyone know what the problem might be ?

FamRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Hopefully '13 or '14
Engine
most likely 3.6
i have a 94 dodge ram laramie slt 1500 v8 magnum 5.2 liter dual exhaust, and im having issues identifying what could be wrong. heres the problem when the motor is cool it drives like a dream, but once it warms up the motor starts to shake the speed will decrease to about 30 mph and it even shakes when it it is park, like its losing power and it is now backfiring.

we just replaced the ball bearings, all plugs and wires were good put in a new coil, and is getting ready to try a new fuel pump.

we just bought the truck 2 weeks ago, for a week the truck drove perfect no shaking got up to speed perfectly no back firing, the whole reason we even took the truck in was because we had a power steering pressure hose leak. thats when they noticed the bearings were bad. the truck never any issue until they changed the bearings.

about a week ago after we got new ball bearings on the truck, i was driving it home and took a sharp left to get into our driveway and it made a loud pop. got ahold of the mechanic and the passenger side ball bearing broke, but the steering wheel shifted to the left, it is now out of alignment with the wheels.

also my husband was driving behind me and noticed when it back fired that white smoke came out. my mechanic says he thinks we got ahold of bad gas.

anyone know what the problem might be ?
Ball Joints.
Bad gas is plausible. Is there a check engine light on?

OP
OP
B

Butterflywings85

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
no check engine lights come on at all the temp gauge stays normal same as battery gauge. and the ball bearings are brand new, but will it involve the ball joints when the truck is in park?

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Butterflywings85

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
the truck sat over a year because the man couldnt afford insurance for it and it did have half a tank of gas when we got it but we put 40 bucks right after we got it.

BlackedOutHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2012
Engine
5.7L HEMI & 6.7L Cummins
I would agree with a bad tank of gas then if it sat for a year with a tank. Maybe have it flushed and get a fresh tank?

OP
OP
B

Butterflywings85

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i will talk to our mechanic and hopefully get the issue resolved bad tank of gas sounds alot better then the death wobble lol

BlackedOutHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2012
Engine
5.7L HEMI & 6.7L Cummins
When a ground came loose on my last truck it shook itself like crazy, even when stopped, and stalled out because it was misfiring so badly. So misfiring due to bad gas is definitely possible given what you're saying is happening.

OP
OP
B

Butterflywings85

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
with the truck being stopped it rules out alot of the front end problems. but im hoping like hell its bad gas cause i really love this truck i finally was able to upgrade from a 93 dodge d150 v6 3.9 liter which i am keeping for a back up cause nothing is wrong with my older but id like to have the newer one cause the heat works and is easier on the eyes lol and i didnt pay much for it.

OP
OP
B

Butterflywings85

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
where was the ground located so i can point it out to my mechanic ?

BlackedOutHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2012
Engine
5.7L HEMI & 6.7L Cummins
Honestly. Might as well check em all. But it was the main ground coming off of my CPU to the fender.

OP
OP
B

Butterflywings85

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i was thinking the same thing thanks