New Member From Missouri

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CAC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Greetings fellow gear heads.
I have a 86 W150 with 360 and automatic. I've had the truck for about 20 years but it has been sitting for the last 5. It was running poorly and I was driving it home from work on a very cold night and threw the v belt that turns the water pump off. I drove it the rest of the way home and it got very hot. Figured I cooked the engine and parked it. Just receintly got it running with a new fuel pump and belts. Running better than ever, apparently it didn't get hot enought to hurt the engine. I suspect the fuel pump was not up to par for a long time.
I don't really need the truck but think I'll get it roadworthy and maybe slick it up some. Looking forward to learing more about these trucks and hearing about yours.

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
welcome. you aren't going to kill a dodge that easily. i drove my 81 11 miles with no coolant at all and still runs perfect. i wouldn't recommend trying it but it did it. these engines are tough.

OP
OP
C

CAC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
welcome. you aren't going to kill a dodge that easily. i drove my 81 11 miles with no coolant at all and still runs perfect. i wouldn't recommend trying it but it did it. these engines are tough.
My neighbor told me a similar story which inspired me to get it running. And thanks to you and Jarhead for the welcome!