New member looking for power wagon pricing help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GTSilver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 6.4
Hi, as the title states I recently joined but a long time reader and I made my choice to go ahead with MY2018 PW. My question is how can I know what is a good price on one as all of them are below msrp but dont know if they are considered a bargain or not. Should I look for PW and negotiate for invoice pricing or below ? I already have a couple in mind and have their VIN numbers just wanted more input from you before calling up dealers.

Thanks
Yousif

Sdreeser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I feel like I got a fair deal after searching the internet and looking at what others were selling for. My MSRP was 64,550 including destination charge. That was fully loaded model and I ended up paying 53,250. There were a lot of other pw listed on internet for a lot more and didn't have all the options I got in mine. So I guess It depends on which options you are getting to determine a fair price

OP
OP
G

GTSilver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 6.4
I feel like I got a fair deal after searching the internet and looking at what others were selling for. My MSRP was 64,550 including destination charge. That was fully loaded model and I ended up paying 53,250. There were a lot of other pw listed on internet for a lot more and didn't have all the options I got in mine. So I guess It depends on which options you are getting to determine a fair price

Based on the options that I'm after most are at 61-62k MSRP mark and listed at the 54k range.

Sdreeser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I'd try to get them down to about 51-52k

OP
OP
G

GTSilver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 6.4
I'd try to get them down to about 51-52k

I'm calling the ones that I found and yes I was thinking somewhere in the price range you mentioned. By any chance do you know any dealers/websites that I can search for PW. I looked at ramtrucks.com but would like to do a nation wide search if possible.

Thanks again

CCMC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I ordered my from the dealer, MSRP 63,000+. Paid 52

zacjackson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Sticker on mine was $57,300, ended up getting it for just under $50. We got down to $50k and I told them I didn't want to drive a $50k truck, so they knocked off another few bucks to make it a $49,*** truck. :)

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
from what I've seen here and on fb stuff, it seems 49-53k is doable, depending on factory options

Sdreeser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I just researched on car gurus. Ended up buying from Dulles motorcars in leesburg, they had 8 in stock fully loaded when I bought mine in Jan. I would say u get a better deal taking one on the lot than ordering one

BevisIII

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l hemi
I found my 16 used at the end of 2016. The person before me did window tint , had the stickers removed, and put clear bra on the front and head lights. Also had 6 months of xm radio left. Only had 1700 miles on it. I paid 42K out the door. If you put in work you can find deals no one will give it to you. Always ask for what you want.

MJockey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L

You will always get a better price for one on the lot if you can fine one with the option you want. I couldn't fine one with the options I wanted without it being fully loaded with options I didn't want. The dealer that I order one from had one on their lot that they really wanted me to buy instead of ordering one. I could have gotten a few more grand off the MSRP if I wanted the one the dealer had but it was missing two must have (for me) options.

FYI, Looking at the two you posted, only the Black one has tow mirrors. If you ever plan on towing a TT or enclosed trailer, you need the tow mirrors. Getting them after manufacture is to cost prohibitive.

OP
OP
G

GTSilver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 6.4
You will always get a better price for one on the lot if you can fine one with the option you want. I couldn't fine one with the options I wanted without it being fully loaded with options I didn't want. The dealer that I order one from had one on their lot that they really wanted me to buy instead of ordering one. I could have gotten a few more grand off the MSRP if I wanted the one the dealer had but it was missing two must have (for me) options.

FYI, Looking at the two you posted, only the Black one has tow mirrors. If you ever plan on towing a TT or enclosed trailer, you need the tow mirrors. Getting them after manufacture is to cost prohibitive.

Thanks for mentioning that as I haven't noticed it, I appreciate it.

Sdreeser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
They both look very nice, I'd go with black if it were me

OP
OP
G

GTSilver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 6.4
They both look very nice, I'd go with black if it were me

I'm leaning more towards it not a fan of white but really liked the color on the PW. I've been calling the dealership for 2 days now and they still cant give me a final price on the truck !

Sdreeser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Lol keep pushing them. Yea to me white trucks look like work trucks but the pw does look nice in white

MJockey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
I'm leaning more towards it not a fan of white but really liked the color on the PW. I've been calling the dealership for 2 days now and they still cant give me a final price on the truck !

Personally the price on the web site ($48,240) seems to good to be true. Watch out for prices that are only offered with their financing. The interest rate will be inflated and will end up costing you more over time. I recommend shopping around for your own financing and negotiating a cash price with the dealer.

OP
OP
G

GTSilver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 6.4
Personally the price on the web site ($48,240) seems to good to be true. Watch out for prices that are only offered with their financing. The interest rate will be inflated and will end up costing you more over time. I recommend shopping around for your own financing and negotiating a cash price with the dealer.

Yes true I just off the phone and the best offer if I have to register the car in Illinois is $51,942. The issue is I'm an international buyer and will be shipping it over but I'll have to register the car before shipping and pay sales tax which is understandable. However I dont know which states has better rebates to get a better deal out of the car.

MJockey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Hum, I know that the RAM cash offer is based on where you live not where it was bought. I'm not sure how it works for international. I would call FCM and see if they can help.

OP
OP
G

GTSilver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 6.4
Hum, I know that the RAM cash offer is based on where you live not where it was bought. I'm not sure how it works for international. I would call FCM and see if they can help.

What is FCM as I dont know what it stands for ?
Thanks