New MINOTAUR RAM 1500 for 2017

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Prefix Performance, Jan 9, 2017.

Sponsored By: All Mopar Parts
  1. adubree86

adubree86 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Thing is sick.

2. 6.7CumminsDrvr

6.7CumminsDrvr Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7 Hemi
    Seems like a decent price for what ya get. Good luck getting a Raptor for less........

3. averageguy

averageguy Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    hemi
    I'm not into that look but doesn't a new Ram reasonably equipped cost $40,000 plus? As many threads as I have read where people drool over the Minoutaur I thought this thread would blow up with people saying their prayers had been answered. I know a lot of mods can be done on the cheap at home but a lot of people lack the skill, tools and place to work on their trucks and like to buy them already done, with a warranty I assume.

4. Rzrman328

Rzrman328 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Never hurts to ask :shrug:

But in all seriousness......I'm sure the new price is very decent for what you get.

But in reality....and IMO of course....I don't see it really having a big effect on them moving these things. It's just like the srt10 or the mythical hellcat ram....the target audience is just too small. Sure you'll have a few crazies out there who might buy them and cruise to the Walmart meets on Fridays yada yada.. Ya they're cool but I have YET to see a Ram runner let alone a MINOTAUR roaming the streets since their inception.

I could be completely wrong.....I DO see tons of Raptors running around so there's that lol

Again...all in my opinion.

5. BigDogg795

BigDogg795 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Pictures not loading for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. THETANK

THETANK Senior Member

Ram Year:
    2015 R/T
    Engine:
    5.7L Hemi
    same here no pics, Depending on looks/performance I might have 60K to toss around next spring. That would be less than the Hellcat Challenger @ 84K or a Mustang GTR @ approximately 100K (Canadian pricing):crazy:

7. averageguy

averageguy Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    hemi
    If they don't have them available on the dealer lot I doubt they will sell like the Raptor.

OnSale likes this.
  8. Prefix Performance

Prefix Performance Junior Member

Ram Year:
    2016 Minotaur
    Engine:
    6.4L 392
    Agreed.... However, for now, we are only interested in a limited production of these special vehicles. We don't need to sell thousands of them. We like the idea of a guy owning a very high quality, specialty vehicle that he won't see on every corner. And... competes VERY well against a Raptor. This Suspension is unbelievable, and definitely not needed for everyone. But... at this price, it is a GREAT value for those who want something that looks really cool and performs even better. Thanks for the input.

9. Prefix Performance

Prefix Performance Junior Member

Ram Year:
    2016 Minotaur
    Engine:
    6.4L 392
    Great discussion and input. So far... we've sold every Minotaur ever built (except our Tequila Lime Green DEMO truck) and buyers tend to like the fact that they are specialty low-volume production vehicles. (Not seen in every parking lot) It's fun to own something unique. We did agree that the old price was just too expensive for many who were ready to place orders if more affordable. So... at the $59,995. nobody could put the exact modifications and upgrades into a new truck and be anywhere near this price. It would cost them much more. We officially start taking orders next week at Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale, so we will see what happens. We do appreciate all the input and suggestions! Thank you Guys!

10. averageguy

averageguy Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    hemi
    Will these trucks retain the original factory warranty on the parts that haven't been changed? Can someone with deep enough pockets get one with the 6.4?