New owner in France, my first RAM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
David_fr

David_fr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks to all ;)

Lomey : we are you planning to go in France ?
Take care on the road, we are bads drivers above all if you drive on Paris.

Have a nice trip .

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Congrats on the truck and welcome! i gotta say that must be pretty damn cool to be like the only guy with a RAM

Lomey

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Outdoorsman
Engine
V6 3.6L
Thanks to all ;)

Lomey : we are you planning to go in France ?
Take care on the road, we are bads drivers above all if you drive on Paris.

Have a nice trip .
We honestly haven't mapped out a plan yet. We will be coming in from the northeast through Belgium. We want to see history and nature. Might go into Germany for a day or so. Do you think Paris is a must? We aren't really into big cities. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

OP
OP
David_fr

David_fr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
We honestly haven't mapped out a plan yet. We will be coming in from the northeast through Belgium. We want to see history and nature. Might go into Germany for a day or so. Do you think Paris is a must? We aren't really into big cities. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Hi Lomey,

Depending of what part of history you like I ll probably have many things to suggest.
Coming from Northest ( where I am ) a must to see for me is the American cimetery from « Saint Avold ». This is the biggest American Cimetery in Europe with over 10000 GI’s tombs :sad72:
Goosebumps and tears at each visits ...
Most people know Normandie by the landing on june 6 1944, but often they don’t know how hard was the fights here close to the German border. Just a exemple : close to my house there is a river where a point is called « little omaha beach » because close to 1000 GI’s lost the life trying to pass the river on september 10 1944...
If this part of history interest you there is another must see in the area : « The
Fort Hackenberg ». This is a building from the « Maginot line » .
Realy amazing to visit , and there is some english speaking guides. Check the shedule on the website : http://maginot-hackenberg.com/?page=home&lang=en

For a more classic history maybe you ll enjoy to visit one of our Cathedrals ? If yes, you can go to « Metz », the town where I was born ;)
http://cathedrale-metz.fr/

Let me know more about what you want to see and do, and how many times you ll have and I ll try to help ;)

David

OP
OP
David_fr

David_fr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Welcome David! I will be visiting your country for the first time in May for a vacation after my wife's business meeting in Amsterdam. I'll meet her there and then we will drive to France. I'm keep an eye out for a Ram! Beautiful truck!

Hi Lomey !

Are you ready for your trip in france ?

David

clay282

Black Betty had a child... named Betty White
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I have to ask... How hard is it to navigate a RAM around France and parts of Europe? I would think the older areas weren't designed for something as big as a RAM.

WOW! I just didn't realize we exported RAM all over Europe. Very cool!

OP
OP
David_fr

David_fr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have to ask... How hard is it to navigate a RAM around France and parts of Europe? I would think the older areas weren't designed for something as big as a RAM.

Hi Clay ,

I never had problems to drive here, even if on very small roads people coming in the other direction seems to be afraid :Big Laugh:.
The biggest problem here is parking place.
With a RAM you can't use most underground parking, and in any case parking place are something like 2 ft shorter.
I'll take a photo soon.

WOW! I just didn't realize we exported RAM all over Europe. Very cool!

Maybe around 200 per years for France.
Import truck is expensive ( boat + 22% import taxe + 20% state taxe + 2500$ approval test + 1800 $ for the tittle .. )
My 2017 Laramie 5.7 crew cab cost me 62000 euros ( over 72000 $ !! :shocked:)

And here with the gas price, a 26 gallon full tank cost close to 180$

I really need to retire and come to USA.

Stefan N

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport
Engine
This pic comes from a importer here in Sweden, so a bit more that 200 a year to Sweden ;)

and the text on the pic says God morning

2aa8e185-83ca-47b9-a2a2-58e3b29aa609.jpg

BiGMERF

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 SLT 4x4
Engine
v6
welcome from across thee Atlantic

Stefan N

Reaction score
Ram Year