New owner of 2018 Power Wagon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bajazet

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Hello everyone!

I just joined this forum. I bought in October a 2018 Power Wagon all black. For now, I only have minor modification and a new exhaust.
-MBRP dual exhaust with black tips
-Many inside pet protection like door protect, seat cover, kick mat,... because I have 5 young children. Why pet cover? Because they are cheap on Amazon and they cover almost all the truck.
-Putco Prolux zero space for low beam
-Putco Silver-lux pro for high beam
-Mopar stainless sill door ''RAM''
-N'fab nerf step bed access

With the black friday I ordered many things that I'm waiting for:
-Bushwacker trail armor
-Weathertech floor liner and windows deflector (no promo from Weathertech for the black friday)
-Stubby antenna
-Curt hitch cover (the only one I found for 2-1/2'' hitch)
-AVS Aeroskin hood deflector smoke

What next:
-3m on hood and headlight
-Retrofit PROFILE PRISM FITTED HALOS
-Driver and passenger tinted windows and maybe the windshield
-afe cai
-maybe bbk throtle body
-maybe muffler delete

What I want but, can't find:
-a kind of complete kick protection for the front door
-I would like some protection for the floor console and the 4X4 shifter because of child seated there
-Glove box kick protect
-tonneau cover with RAM head like I had on my 2016 Rebel
-the perfect, cleanest way to lift the front like factory to put Toyo M/T 315/70R17 and Nokian Haka LT2 315/70R17 with 100% no rub or trimming.

As you can see, I'm almost crazy with inside and outside protection but, with 5 children 1 to 7 years old, trust me, I need them. Don't forget the Power Wagon is an expensive truck.

I have many question that I will post on right section.

Thx all!

OP
OP
B

Bajazet

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I forgot, I bought a Rigid bracket fog light. I don't have the light because I don't know if I'll go with DOT/SAE fog light or d2 pro flood led. My fog light are always open so, I'm not sure with legal issue and I don't want to blind the others driver.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Congrats on that awesome truck and welcome. Great choice....I have a 17 Power Wagon.

If we can help you with any future upgrades or maintenance items let us know. We offer discounts to all the members here!

Danno

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
Get an alignment, the power wagon has had the wrong toe at factory. If ram checks it they will say it's in, well work $40.

Low_Sky

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
Don't need to lift a current gen PW to fit 35" tires. They go right on with no rubbing. 37" tires are where you start to have issues, and they're minor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oilslick

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Ram 1500 4x4 Bighorn Built to Serve edition
Engine
3.6L Pentastar
Welcome!!! Let's see some pics!

HS-LD

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
I forgot, I bought a Rigid bracket fog light. I don't have the light because I don't know if I'll go with DOT/SAE fog light or d2 pro flood led. My fog light are always open so, I'm not sure with legal issue and I don't want to blind the others driver.

The Rigid fogs are great, just not as wide as factory. But if you install 2 of them per side which is the way I think it works, then maybe you can spread the beams out. My last Tradesman didin't have fogs and the headlights suck, so I mounted 1 set of the Rigid fogs on the bumper and they helped a lot. Not sure I'm gonna mess with the factory fogs in the new Power Wagon I picked up today... :happy107::favorites13:

OP
OP
B

Bajazet

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
The Rigid fogs are great, just not as wide as factory. But if you install 2 of them per side which is the way I think it works, then maybe you can spread the beams out.

Yes they like the picture here:

46510_2011-2013_Dodge_Ram_Fog_0.jpg

My concern is wich one should I buy?

https://www.rigidindustries.com/led-lighting/202113

or

https://www.rigidindustries.com/led-lighting/504813

The first one are for Off road and the second are SAE J583 so, they are supposed to be street legal. I don't know if the Off Road lights (3168 Lumen) will too bright to use them in city?

Not sure I'm gonna mess with the factory fogs in the new Power Wagon I picked up today...

I understand what you mean but, when I changed from my Rebel to the Power Wagon, I was realy disapointed (no offenses everyone) to see that yellow halogen fog light. They just don't work VS the brightest LED fog light on the Rebel. But, this is my opinion.

Anyway, congrats for the new truck!

HS-LD

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Yes they like the picture here:

46510_2011-2013_Dodge_Ram_Fog_0.jpg

My concern is wich one should I buy?

https://www.rigidindustries.com/led-lighting/202113

or

https://www.rigidindustries.com/led-lighting/504813

The first one are for Off road and the second are SAE J583 so, they are supposed to be street legal. I don't know if the Off Road lights (3168 Lumen) will too bright to use them in city?

I understand what you mean but, when I changed from my Rebel to the Power Wagon, I was realy disapointed (no offenses everyone) to see that yellow halogen fog light. They just don't work VS the brightest LED fog light on the Rebel. But, this is my opinion.

Anyway, congrats for the new truck!

The 504813's are fog beams, low and wide. The others are more like your high beam headlights. Personally, I think low and wide is much more useful and you can use them without blinding other drivers. The other ones can only be used when there are no oncoming cars like your high beams. (Unless you plan on doing a lot of high speed desert runs at night then you want the other ones.)

I have a set of the 504813's and only have to buy the brackets and another set of lights and that's what I would do. I'm concerned about the canbus, I guess they make an adapter or something? I need to research that a bit.

I have the quad reflector headlights (my 2018 is a Tradesman Power Wagon) so most of the LED bulb or HID bulb options are sketchy. They seem to be made for the projector housings only. The headlights with the factory fogs work fairly well, but the dim 3500K OEM factory bulbs look like crap for sure. I may just go with Sylvania ZXE's or Philips ultras and be done with it. Hella also makes some really cool yellow bulbs for the fogs for about $18 on Amazon. Those look pretty cool but cut down the usable light output a bit.

OP
OP
B

Bajazet

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Thx for your opinion! I'll go with the real fog light then.