New Ram owner, Need help with bug deflector,us flaps and window guards!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tony7781

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey guys, I just divorced Chevy and joined the Ram family with a 2017 1500 Big Horn hemi. I need to pick up the items in the subject and seem to be deciding between weather tech or AVS brand. Do all the bug deflectors now use double sided tape? I'd prefer not to bit if they all do what is better, the AVS or WT? Same question on the window guards. I'm guessing the in channel are the way to go as I don't want to tape the to the frame. AVS or the WT? Now mud flaps, I was looking at the WT or the husky custom fit. Any opinion on those? I am open to any other suggestions you all may have. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Ram-engineer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 6.4
Hey guys, I just divorced Chevy and joined the Ram family with a 2017 1500 Big Horn hemi. I need to pick up the items in the subject and seem to be deciding between weather tech or AVS brand. Do all the bug deflectors now use double sided tape? I'd prefer not to bit if they all do what is better, the AVS or WT? Same question on the window guards. I'm guessing the in channel are the way to go as I don't want to tape the to the frame. AVS or the WT? Now mud flaps, I was looking at the WT or the husky custom fit. Any opinion on those? I am open to any other suggestions you all may have. Thanks in advance!

I am only comment on the ones I have used wt rain guards broke using Avs now 2018 ram 2500, mud flaps the WT ones I had to send back as they did not fit and haven't tried anything else yet. I know it's not on your list but I have a bakflip hard tonneau cover and it's perfect. Doesn't leak at all and ordered the billstien front level shocks with the Thuren kit

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
T

Tony7781

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I am only comment on the ones I have used wt rain guards broke using Avs now 2018 ram 2500, mud flaps the WT ones I had to send back as they did not fit and haven't tried anything else yet. I know it's not on your list but I have a bakflip hard tonneau cover and it's perfect. Doesn't leak at all and ordered the billstien front level shocks with the Thuren kit

Thanks, what's your take on an intake? Lol. I was looking at the KN Blackhawk vs 77 series. 77 seems to give a little more power but the Blackhawk looks nicer?

Ram-engineer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 6.4
Thanks, what's your take on an intake? Lol. I was looking at the KN Blackhawk vs 77 series. 77 seems to give a little more power but the Blackhawk looks nicer?

Well honestly they are mostly for noise anymore. The efficiency of the tubular design is almost maximum with the current design of the intake and restricted exhaust they put on these trucks. That being said you can gain a slight bit of sticker power and they do look nice. If your going to do a Moe's throttle body upgrade headers and maybe a magna flow exhaust I say go for it.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
For CAI check out Vararam. Lots of info on the forum about the pro's and con's. Best for performance gains and IMHO looks the best.
Jay

robcope

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the AVS Bugflector II and really like it. There is no 3M tape and there is just enough room to get your hand under it to clean and wax the front of the hood. I have only had my lone star silver edition just under 2 months and it appears to stand up really well.

As I am not a big spender, I purchased the Tonno Pro soft cover 42-201 for $269.00. I love it. So far it has kept the bed dry and looks good in my humble opinion.

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the weathertech in channel window guards and their mud flaps now for almost 3 years with no problems.

Jarhead57

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 4x4 CC Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have had WT flaps and rain guards on all my trucks. Never had any issues. Best bug guard I have used is the AVS...no tape and does not touch paint.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye