New Seat Foam - Vehicle Occupancy System?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wizade

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey Ram Forum!

I'm replacing the seat covers on my 06 Ram SLT Mega Cab - and of course, the drivers seat foam is trash and needs replaced first.

The foam can be purchased from a number of places it looks like, but there are two different versions - With occupancy sensor and without.

How do I know which one I have? I'm thinking I don't have that system in the seats, but I'm not sure how I would confirm?

Also, where is the cheapest place to buy the seat foam? I'm finding that Ebay and or this Mopar parts overstock site seem to be around $100.

Thanks!!!

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Usually the occupancy sensor is on the passenger side to turn on the passenger side air bag. The drivers side only has a seat belt sensor since that air bag is on at all times. You can check by tracing the wiring under your seat. Or simply removing the cover enough to see. My 14 only has the sensor on the passenger side.

OP
OP
W

wizade

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I wonder why they sell two different versions for the drivers seat then?

What would it look like?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedFlameRam