New speakers and possible powered amp

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
I'm sure you will swap the factory speakers out at some point, lol. I also found some JBL 6x9's that are 2ohm that are tempting me to purchase.

JBL GX962 6"x9" 2-way car speakers at Crutchfield.com

Any idea when the front amp will be on the market? That powers the 3 dash and 2 front door speakers right? Sorry for all the questions, help is greatly appreciated.

If I get bored I will, but for now this sounds fine to me. No, the 4.1 amp we did today was for the base audio 6 speaker setup, 3 in the dash in the Alpine setup.

QwikKota

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
If I get bored I will, but for now this sounds fine to me. No, the 4.1 amp we did today was for the base audio 6 speaker setup, 3 in the dash in the Alpine setup.

Still confused, lol. Is there an upgraded amp coming out for the '15 style Alpine setup?

dmullen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Goose - I did the KS35 upgrade for the dash speakers and the 77KICK41 upgrade for the front doors, back speakers are still stock. The new amp will still benefit me right?

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Still confused, lol. Is there an upgraded amp coming out for the '15 style Alpine setup?
For now its just an upgraded 4.1 for the stock base systems.

Goose - I did the KS35 upgrade for the dash speakers and the 77KICK41 upgrade for the front doors, back speakers are still stock. The new amp will still benefit me right?

Yes, the DSP will still change the staging and adding power will help. It will sound different, maybe more brighter than the stock ones since you have already upgraded factory speakers. I too disliked my factory speakers up front, but the DSP REALLY changed the sound, so now I will stick with the factory speakers. I can't believe how well it changed, even XM sounds good.

jbr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Yes, the DSP will still change the staging and adding power will help. It will sound different, maybe more brighter than the stock ones since you have already upgraded factory speakers. I too disliked my factory speakers up front, but the DSP REALLY changed the sound, so now I will stick with the factory speakers. I can't believe how well it changed, even XM sounds good.
When will it be available to the public?

dmullen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7

Cool! Staging and of course more headroom will be great. I was worried the amp would be setup to only work with the specific x-over points of the factory speakers.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
No sir, all that is in the amp, staging , etc will be enhanced way more than what you have. :D

OP
OP
jag1886

jag1886

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Demi 5.7 S&B CAI, flowmaster merge collector, Gibson cat back, oil catch can, 87
No sir, all that is in the amp, staging , etc will be enhanced way more than what you have. :D

Could you spell out what you are talking about in english without abbreviations?

Whatever this is you are talking about, is it a small amplified sub for a Std Cab truck and does it plug into a standard 3.0 Radio and who is making it?

Thanks

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Could you spell out what you are talking about in english without abbreviations?

Whatever this is you are talking about, is it a small amplified sub for a Std Cab truck and does it plug into a standard 3.0 Radio and who is making it?

Thanks
It won't be for regular cabs...He's referring to the Kicker upgrade 4.1 channel amp for base system 6 speaker 13+ Ram trucks.

I understood his english, but would love to see pics...

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small

Thanks

For a RC truck, Kicker doesn't make a plug and play sub like the VSS system. I used a Kicker Hideaway in the RC truck under the seat.

The 4.1 amp is a plug and play amp for stock speakers, 09 and up.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
It won't be for regular cabs...He's referring to the Kicker upgrade 4.1 channel amp for base system 6 speaker 13+ Ram trucks.

I understood his english, but would love to see pics...

I have pics of my install, is that what your referring too?

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
amp is under drivers seat, cant see it.
But drove it from Oklahoma to Galveston last weekend for a cruise, LOVED the sound.

Attachments

• 20150804_154115.jpg
    20150804_154115.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 76
  • 20150804_154128.jpg
    20150804_154128.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 79
  • 20150804_154142.jpg
    20150804_154142.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 86

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
So does this amp replace the sub amp under the seat or does it get installed in addition to the sub amp?

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
So does this amp replace the sub amp under the seat or does it get installed in addition to the sub amp?

In addition.

There is a front 4.1 amp that does all the factory 6 speakers, built in DSP, time alignment, lets you retain all factory speed controls, etc.
Then the sub has an amp as well. 200 watts on a 10" sub.
The long delay has been development of the harness that changed in 2013 and up, so in the US, my truck is the very first with the 4.1 working system '13 and up. :D

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I know it still in testing, but will this be just as plug and play as the sub? Where does it plug in to feed all 6 speakers? I understand if you aren't allowed to give out details. Hopefully I'll be the second person in the US to have it installed!

Irongoats

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I would like more information also actually what all it pertains to get this installed when readily available.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
I know it still in testing, but will this be just as plug and play as the sub? Where does it plug in to feed all 6 speakers? I understand if you aren't allowed to give out details. Hopefully I'll be the second person in the US to have it installed!
It will be similar to the ones we made for 09-12's, and all Ford, GM, mustangs, Camaros, etc,etc. It T's into the factory harness, so stays off the CANBUS system of the vehicle. So yes, most can be installed in less than 2 hours.

I would like more information also actually what all it pertains to get this installed when readily available.

You got it, I will let everyone know once it in line shipping :)