New subs in new box!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GoMangoMan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I had a single 10" sub-woofer in a MDF under-the-seat box and decided I didn't like the 'punchiness' to the sound. Sorta like the difference between the big bass drum and the little bass drum...the little bass drum just sounds smaller. Joe from Fox Acoustics was building his new DQC-212-V Fox Boxes and I decided to go for it. Yeah, I waited a while as is the norm with Joe but in the end it was worth it. Joe suggested 2 different subs to go into his box; Alpine Type R SWR or JL Audio 12w6 v2. He extensively tested those two brands while he was in the design phase. After reading up and still being confused I purchased the Alpines for $250 on-line. (now he suggests 4 brands) As I can barely splice two wires together, I had my stereo professional install the subs into the box and wire it up. There was much discussion as to which is better: sealed or vented? I don't really know the answer but I can tell you that the vented box with 2 12" subs sounds awesome! Zero punchiness and low, lows. If it's cranked a little? Well forget about using the rear view mirror as it's vibrating (almost...and I'm waiting for it to happen) off of the windshield!

One final thought. If you see in the photos, the cup holders are covered. There is an opening in the design to slip two cups in through the box as air moves through that area to give 'more airspace'. One simply needs to cut the cloth covering thus opening the cupholder for use.

Side note: my 'new box' of 3 weeks is now being produced (after complaints) from carpet covering to spray covering. DANG IT! This will eliminate the need to 'open' the cupholder space.

P1000113.jpg

P1000112.jpg

P1000111.jpg

IresqU

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I went with Fox Acoustics as well and I am relatively impressed. My box is "Rhino Lined" though. Nice job, I bet it sounds great!

RubberFrog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No vid of the subs pounding! ;)

That looks sweet.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
that's awesome Rob. you can't go wrong with a Fox Box.

swamp_life hemi 05

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How much did he charge for the box. I've got the R series subs and a JL 500/1 I just need a box for under the seat. (looks goofy with a huge ported suv box in the back seat) lol

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
GoMangoMan

GoMangoMan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
No vid of the subs pounding! ;)

That looks sweet.

Let me figure out this new digital video camera...

How much did he charge for the box. I've got the R series subs and a JL 500/1 I just need a box for under the seat. (looks goofy with a huge ported suv box in the back seat) lol

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

I want to say that it was around $259 shipped?

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
spiffy!

Bluesmoke91

2nd GEN Site Mod
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
sweet man...not familiar with those boxes but im using a regular crappy sealed sub box from a local shop running 2 10" Rockford Fosgate p3s..i listen to metal and only metal so the punchiness of 2 10s in a sealed box are perfect.