• Toyo mud country

Votes: 13 50.0%
  • Off brand

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other, list in post

Votes: 2 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GhostRam94

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Ok well even though my BFg ko aren't worn or bald or anything, they are... Well... Too small. I have gotten to the point I can't stand it anymore. So I have been looking at tires and got my mind made up between 3 tires( well really 2) I will be moving to a 35x12.50x17 tire if that helps lol.

So I have decide on going to discount and making payments on these to help build up my credit and get things rolling for me. The tires I want are between the BFg km2s or the nitro trail grapplers/ Toyo mud country. my question to you guys is which one should I get or is there a better tire that will last and maybe a off brand that is just as good. Feedback is great as I will pretty much base my decision on you guys! Things as pros and cons, tread life etc are great!oh and a good tread life is a must for me that's why I choose these.

swamp_life hemi 05

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Toyo m/t's FTW!!! they last forever, got a good humm, but not obnoxiously loud. And from a personal perspective, the bfg's look small for their size and same with the trail grapplers. You'll be happy with toyo's......

Droid Incredible 2 on the move!!!

NWRQC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I second the Toyo's, but they are pretty quiet for a mud tire and they last forever if taken care of properly.
Loud would be something like a super swamper or knobby tire, but your fuel economy will suffer as well as tread life.

DohCanadian

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
From your list I vote Trail Grapplers, Nitto seems to make a really good tire, and everyone and there dog around here has a pair of really worn down Toyo's, they don't seem like they last that long.

If I had to offer a different opinion i'd say try the Fierce Attitude M/T's out. I have them in a 325/65R18 and there a really nice tire, quiet on the highway, pretty aggresive tread and sidewall, and so far no signs of wear. (Couple thousand KM).

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
No doubt I'd get the KM2's. They are great tires and lots of Jeep guys run them for rock crawling. They wouldn't if they weren't tough tires. I had a set of them on my last truck and I absolutely loved them. I would be running them now except in the size I needed they were crazy expensive. They look the meanest of the 3 you mentioned too.

The Trail Grapplers I've had too and are good tires but are really quiet for mud terrains.

KM2's get my vote.

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
The KM2's are also very light (part of the reason they usually run a little more $) for a m/t. The lighter tire you run the less power loss you'll have by going to
a larger tire.

reddot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
out of those the only one I would run is the Toyo MTs only reason I did not run them this time is that their 37 is huge. So im running the same tire im running on my 98. ProComp Xtreme ATs. I love these tires. Some may say directional treads are problematic but this is my second set with ZERO issue. Balanced perfect and they have a 40k mile guarantee from ProComp.
Best shot of the tread I have
IMG_0498.jpg

OP
OP
GhostRam94

GhostRam94

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Alright guys so I put a poll to make this a little easier. All of this is great info it's just Making it harder to decide lol

macmongrel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Trail Grapplers get my vote... Just bought a pair- guess ill have more to say about em after I finally get to run em

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
I voted for the toyo. Awesome tires

OP
OP
GhostRam94

GhostRam94

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Sweet bc not sure I can afford much less I am prob gonna get 75k out of my BFg ko a/ts if I keep them but they are gust to small

westtnfx4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Oh and the louder the hum the better:D

If you want loud get the Mud Grapplers like I got.

But I voted trial grapplers. I've had all the tires memtioned and then some and the toyos are awesome to. I just like the looks of the TG's a little more.

reddot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
i voted for the toyos but still feel procomps are worth looking at.

EJM05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
440 Big Block
I voted Toyos because I've had them before and they were the best tire ever!!!! I loved them.

garner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Check out mickey thompson too, they have some good mud tires. But out of your list, get toyos. My buddy has them on his ford(yeah I know) but the only time he's gotten stuck is when he bottomed out in ruts cause he was following a ford on 40" tires(buddy has 35" tires)