New Wagon owner... soon, I hope a

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LakeFisher

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Ordered a 2018 Ram Power Wagon 8 weeks ago tomorrow. They told me 6-8 weeks when I ordered it and last week they said it's being shipped and should be here sometime next week or the week after.

Wanted this new Power Wagon since before the 2017 was released, but never pulled the trigger. Finally decided to buy and couldn't find the one with options that I wanted, so just ordered the 2018. When it comes in, it will be my first Ram Truck (or Dodge/Ram vehicle period). I've owned Toyota, Chevy, and Ford trucks... guess it's time to try out a Ram. Can't wait until it gets here.

Plan to put on custom wheels and 35s. I've already bought the new tires and will probably order the wheels tonight or tomorrow. I'll be listing the stock takeoffs soon. Dealership is swapping them out so they should only have two digit miles on them.

Would also like to add a black bull bar, if it works okay with the winch. Let me know if you have one that works!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

MJockey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Welcome to the Forum. I'm in the same boat as you. I ordered my 2018 PW 6 weeks ago. It has been shipped with a current eta window of 12/9 -12/15. This will also be my first RAM truck.

Bajazet

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Gratz for your new baby! I had a Toyota Tundra TRD too and a Ford F-150. I hated the Ford, lot of problem with them for a new truck. Loved a lot the Tundra but, they don't build nice equiped truck with 6 seats. I came to the RAM world with a 2016 Rebel wich was my favorite before the Power Wagon. Drive a Power Wagon it's look like to drive a tank, I love it.

OP
OP
LakeFisher

LakeFisher

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Thanks Mickey & Bajazet. I'm looking forward to being behind the wheel! Just wish I would hurry up and decide on which wheels to run on!

Bajazet

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Look at KMC. They have a lot of 17'' wheel with +18 offset. According to Thuren, +18 offset is the way to go.

OP
OP
LakeFisher

LakeFisher

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Look at KMC. They have a lot of 17'' wheel with +18 offset. According to Thuren, +18 offset is the way to go.
Thanks Bajazet! I was close to choosing KMC but ended up deciding on a Black Rhino wheel at +6. I'm hoping it won't stick out too far for my liking. If it does, you may see those listed on here eventually as well! Hope not.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 L
Post up some photos when you can. I’m considering the wheel/tire upgrade. Plus I’m curious if anything rubs.

Thanks Bajazet! I was close to choosing KMC but ended up deciding on a Black Rhino wheel at +6. I'm hoping it won't stick out too far for my liking. If it does, you may see those listed on here eventually as well! Hope not.

Bajazet

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Black Rhino are really nice! I love them but, because off the +18, I skipped them. I'll wait for your feedback before buying anything. I want 35 inch too but with 100% no rubbing. Good luck!

OP
OP
LakeFisher

LakeFisher

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Still waiting... Said it should arrive the first week of December, but now that we've entered the third week, they said it should be here this week or next... well, this week has ended. Maybe I'll get it next week...

Docpaulo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Randy ellis design has a nice front bar... not a complete bullbar but it works with our winch

Look up their facebook they have a pic of it on a new pw

OP
OP
LakeFisher

LakeFisher

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Randy ellis design has a nice front bar... not a complete bullbar but it works with our winch

Look up their facebook they have a pic of it on a new pw
Thanks, Docpaulo. I've seen that one and its in the running. But I would like more than just a light bar.

Docpaulo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
If you want more protection this should clear the winch and give you a front step which i like...

They come as bull bar only or with light protection

Google gorhino 300
https://goo.gl/images/jEj4if

OP
OP
LakeFisher

LakeFisher

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 6.4
If you want more protection this should clear the winch and give you a front step which i like...

They come as bull bar only or with light protection

Google gorhino 300
https://goo.gl/images/jEj4if

Yeah, I have a GoRhino on my current truck and like it, but I didn't want to go that big on this one.

Docpaulo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Yeah, I have a GoRhino on my current truck and like it, but I didn't want to go that big on this one.

Also remeber the newer trucks may have front parking sensors... bullbars will cause problems... the randy ellis light bar wont from what i see

OP
OP
LakeFisher

LakeFisher

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Finally got it! Arrived this week and picked it up Thursday. Hope to put the wheels and tires on soon. a06e5885d97f11e027a5276b91da98f2.jpg

OP
OP
LakeFisher

LakeFisher

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Had our first snow today, so had to get the new truck out. This is as close as I can get to putting my present under the tree.
3372c4826ceab99c54f79be573624a9a.jpg

Ramjet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nice! Congrats and Santa came through again. Merry Christmas

OP
OP
LakeFisher

LakeFisher

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Note the added 20mm and .50cal teeth added in black. There hard to recgonize unless you know they're their.
Yeah, I saw that in your build thread. I like your truck a lot. I plan to eventually add wheels, 35" tires, bull bar, KC lights, and better exhaust. Still not sure about the best replacement exhaust. Need a drop hitch too.