Newbie...Need direction. 2/4 Drop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
lol ya that sounds very weird haha

Terrence

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
talked to a guy at stylin truck he said measure from the bottom of the fender to the ground using the center hub as a guide. he said that would give us all a closer measurement.

then we gotta figure out where we started at before the drop cause i didnt messure mine before the drop

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Alright, I'll do that tmrw... I didnt measure either but my stepdad has a bone stock 04 QC, I'll measure his and put that up here too

Terrence

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
lol sounds good to me :)

I went out and measured mine again I got 34" in the rear and 35" in the front.

OP
OP
B

BKNBK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mine measures around 33" from ground to fender on both now. Guess it needed a little more time to "settle". I would like to drop it another inch, though. I was thinking of either cutting the coils some (some people say not to) or buy 2"drop coils and add a 1" spacer. I have the rear on the lowest hole on the shackle, so I should be able to get another inch when I switch to the top hole.

I don't quite need the 4/6 drop, but maybe it would have been closer to the look I wanted. I will basically be where I want if I can get the front end down a little more, though. I'll try to experiment over the next 2 days and see what I can do. It goes in for alignment on Friday morning, so whatever I do will have to happen before then.

Thanks for the input!!!!

jhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
looks good, get that front down a lil more and it will look great,

OP
OP
B

BKNBK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks. I get my drop shocks today. Going to install them and i'm either going to buy 2"drop coils, 1" spacer or just trim the stock springs down by 1/2 coil. Either way I want to be at least 1" lower in front.

jhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
its your truck but ive had bad experiences cutting coils id spend the money and buy the drop ones or just put the overloads back in the rear and see if that levels it out some

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Looks good! It looks pretty even in the pics but could be diff in real life....

NICE JOB!

blackout11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 R/T
Engine
hemi 5.7
dont cut the springs they say you can so i did and it rode like crap then bought a kit from ground force if you cut the springs youll regret it

OP
OP
B

BKNBK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I took your advice, ordered some 2" drop coils by McGaughys from Summit, along with some 1" spacers. They will be here Friday...guess I'll have to reschedule my alignment appt! It will be worth it in the end. Meanwhile I've cut the factory bump stops off of the front, dropped the rear down to the lowest hole on the drop shackle. I think that got me another 3/4" or so lower in the back.
I'm hoping the drop coils will get me leveled out. I should end up with around a 3/5 drop. We'll see.
I think I'm going to paint my calipers tomorrow if I get the time. Might as well do it while everything its out of the way.

OP
OP
B

BKNBK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Another question--I am looking at some 22" wheels. I think my total drop will be 3/5. What size tires do I buy? Will I have to modify so that they won't rub?

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I don't think you'll rub... I have 305/40/22s.... I just have to take it slow over big bumps b/c my tires will hit my fender lip if I don't. I'm sure you could get rubberbands, but it wouldn't look so hot lol.