Newbie with level n tire questions.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blackmaxx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey everyone this is my first post here bought my first ram. Bought my 07 ram and it has 295 70 17 tires on it. But I'm looking to do a 2 1/2 leveling kit from hbs. Now I have done a lot of research and haven't seen anyone with the combo I'm looking for but with the leveling kit everyone seems to clear 35 12.50's no problem. I want 315/70 17 duratracs which they say is 34.5x12.50. I also understand the offset of the wheel matters but idk what mine is, since they were already on it. Anybody running 315's? Also a little curious if it will fit in my 7' garage door at current stance I have 5" until it hits the door. I also see some guys have bilstein 5100's adjusted at different settings.? Where/should I get those?? Or if I get new bilsteins do I even need a leveling kit?
Thanks in advance! Btw also ordering diablo trinity tuner with hemifever tune.

KCTHUNDER

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CUMMINS
Hey bud welcome to the forum!! You have a third gen truck so you should post there for best results. Also some vendors we have here are moes performance and bullys. You can get tuners and all kinds of stuff thru them. Search around 3rs gen lifted section and youll find alot of info! Good luck!

OP
OP
B

Blackmaxx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Oh crap I'm sorry. Must have clicked the wrong one n didn't realize it. I don't know how to move it.

KCTHUNDER

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CUMMINS
no prob. moderators will do it when they see it. no prob, we've all done it! haha

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Moving to 3rd Gen section now. :welcome:

LIVINtheLIFE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Welcome to the forum! As for your questions with a 2 or 2.5" level you should be able to fit 315/70's which is generally the metric conversion for 35x12.5's given you have rims with the proper backspacing. Im guessing you have aftermarket wheels right now? I'd find out what their dimensions are first(width of rims and backspacing).

As for your garage door it will be close lol. With a level and 35's guys generally gain about 4" in height from stock, but given your tires are already much bigger then factory I think youll be ok.

Bilstein 5100's are great shocks. Can be a PITA to install if you do it yourself tho. Remember they only go up to 2" lift tho. I left mine at the stock setting and combined them with TGC 2" spacers for a better ride and I love it. I got mine at autoanything for a reasonable price!

OP
OP
B

Blackmaxx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks, ordered 2 1/2" spacer to level it. It does have aftermarket wheels, I guess I'll have to try to figure out the backspacing to decide what tires to go with.

LIVINtheLIFE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
take your tire off and place a ruler or straight edge of some sort across the back of the rim(remember rest it on the rim and not the tire!) then take a tape measure and measure from the back of your rim where it mounts to the hub to the straight edge you just placed, this will tell you your backspacing.

Don't forget to get a wheel alignment done after the level and possibly blocks for rear, sometimes 2.5" will make the truck looked sacked.