NG HERE!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ramitiner

U.S. ARMY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey guys,

About to get this '17 ram 1500 on a very sweet deal. this is my first pickup ever. I have always modded out every car that I've ever gotten so I'm def going to be doing this to the truck as well. What tuners do you guys use? who are the local "Tune Gods" that you guys recommend? I will initially start with an exhaust and tune then upgrading the suspension... not raising and probably not lowering too much but def more stiff. let me know what you guys got and recommend.

Thanks!

Attachments

• WindowStickerPDF (2).pdf
    45.9 KB · Views: 29

bryan28

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Congrats on the new truck. If you'll go to the "engine and performance" section and use the search function you'll find plenty of answers to your tuner questions. Lots of folks on here with badass trucks that will help you out.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to RamForum.

Most folks here with the HEMI get a DiabloSport I2 or I3 programmer. In your case, since the PCM is encrypted by FCA, you'll also need an unlocked PCM.

Tuners who can build you a custom tune would be Hemifever, a supporting vendor here, or Jay Greene. Sean (Hemifever) or Matt at Moe's Performance (another supporting vendor) offer a package deal for the tuner and PCM. With respects to the PCM you can trade yours in and save some money or you can keep it and use it when you roll into the dealer.

Good luck with the mods and congrats on your truck purchase.

OP
OP
Ramitiner

Ramitiner

U.S. ARMY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I actually remember the hemifever name from another mopar forum... good deal. thank you.

BTW when I say exhaust I mean full exhaust from headers on back

OP
OP
Ramitiner

Ramitiner

U.S. ARMY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
wait a second... you mean to tell me we cant direct tune with our existing PCMs? so what are you guys looking at with a tune, tuner and pcm?

Maligator

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hem 5.7
You can tune your existing pcm but a lot of guys play it safe and keep their stock one for when they go to the dealer they swap it in so it won't show they've been running a tune.

Bilstein 5100 adjustable front shocks are a nice upgrade to level the truck if you go that route.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Welcome and congrats!

Let us know if we can help you with any future upgrades or maintenance items. We offer discounts on everything for all the members here. We offer great deals on stainless works and kooks headers as well as many catback options.

OP
OP
Ramitiner

Ramitiner

U.S. ARMY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Welcome and congrats!

Let us know if we can help you with any future upgrades or maintenance items. We offer discounts on everything for all the members here. We offer great deals on stainless works and kooks headers as well as many catback options.
Hey, thanks brother. will a tune do the same as a pedal commander (I know it will do much more) as far as taking out the lag or will I require both?

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey, thanks brother. will a tune do the same as a pedal commander (I know it will do much more) as far as taking out the lag or will I require both?

the pedal commander only will effect throttle response but will have way more effect and adjustment than a tuner will. it greatly improves daily drivability and throttle response. the truck will feel way faster. it has 36 different settings so you can fine tune adjust it to your liking. a tune will help more with overall performance and will be helpful when you start really adding the mods. I have many customers that run a tune and the pedal commander and love it! for a mostly stock vehicle i suggest the pedal commander over the tuner

OP
OP
Ramitiner

Ramitiner

U.S. ARMY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Until you start adding a bunch of mods and then a tune is a necessity, I hears ya.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
morgansamuel