NightMares 01 Sport Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
NightMares

NightMares

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Talked to the wife tonight. Got the go ahead for the 16" Ultra 102's. Tomorrow I'll check on tire prices and see if I can find any better deals, if not I'll be snatching the KO2's

OP
OP
NightMares

NightMares

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Talked to a couple different reps this morning regarding tires, nobody can beat the price of the KO2's. So I went ahead and got the ball rolling for them to come in, also ordered in the Ultra 102's in a satin black finish. Pretty excited for the new shoes.

We've had snow in the mountains for about 3 weeks now, but we finally got some snow to fall in the valley today. Rained all night last night, then for whatever reason it started snowing around 8 this morning. Ground was wet, so I never thought it would stick, but within the past 2 hours we went from wet and cold to not seeing grass and accidents throughout the city. Pretty excited ha.

20151125_125145_zpszyvk0zmd.jpg

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
I forget what size tires you have with that new lift. I like skinnier taller tires and with the lift those look awesome. 35s right? What width?

fla crkr 1 ton

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 [360]
Nice truck lots of stuff added looks great!!!! My 01 sport.

Attachments

• CAM00002.jpg
    CAM00002.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 71
  • CAM00003.jpg
    CAM00003.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 86
OP
OP
NightMares

NightMares

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Actually they're extremely wide to tell you the truth. They're Nitto's 315/70R17 which measure out to almost 35" tall and 13.25" wide. Definitely not narrow, the snow might just make them look deceiving.

OP
OP
NightMares

NightMares

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ran into some awesomeness over the weekend. Took the family for a drive to McCall with the truck to have some fun in the snow. My daughters had a blast sledding for the first time, but the return trip home wasn't amazing. My heat slowly started disappearing on us while on downhill coasts and slowing down for turns. As we came into a smaller town we stopped at a gas station to grab some dinner from the Subway attached, left the truck running to keep it warm, and when I came back out my engine temp was up to 230. Shut it off, ate our dinner inside the restaurant for about an hour and I went outside to check it out. Low on coolant. Started looking around underneath and found a small puddle of coolant under the motor, found out my timing cover is leaking. Gas station wanted almost 10 bucks for a thing of coolant, so we topped it with water and hit the road. Hot blazing hot heat the rest of the way back, not temp warning, but to add insult to injury it threw a check engine light. P1281.

Checked the level this morning and it's still full, so hopefully I can milk it until this weekend when I can get the chance to change the timing cover. I'll probably throw a new water pump and the 195 TStat in at that time as well.

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Since you gotta pull the timing cover off anyways, put a double roller chain in. Won't stretch like the stocker. Mopar or cloyes are the 2 popular brands

OP
OP
NightMares

NightMares

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for the idea. Took it and ran. Got the Mopar one on order. Looked up cloyes and couldn't find a distributor that carried them. This should make for a fun Saturday.

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Thanks for the idea. Took it and ran. Got the Mopar one on order. Looked up cloyes and couldn't find a distributor that carried them. This should make for a fun Saturday.

I have the mopar as well. I will warn you though: the dimple on the cam gear won't line up with the dimple on the crank gear. There's another little dot on the cam gear, not very noticeable, that you line up with the crank dimple. I didn't know that going in and it screwed with me some.

OP
OP
NightMares

NightMares

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Good to know. I'll see what happens with it this weekend as long as the part shows up. Scheduled delivery shows Friday from my distributor but they aren't the most reliable for time crunches. My wheels are supposed to be here Wednesday from them but I'm expecting them Friday.

OP
OP
NightMares

NightMares

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Had a customer stop in with a 99 QCSB about the same size as mine now. Looked over his truck, kind of funny, I have parts he's been thinking about and he's got parts I've been thinking about. My truck being the bumper and winch setup, and apparently we're both thinking about doing the TireGate on the trucks.

On his truck, it's not the same brand, but he's got the identical hood to the amerihood I've been looking at for a while, seeing it in person confirms that the hood will be coming shortly. I've also been bouncing back and forth between the Fab Fours headache rack and the Go Rhino Lightning Series bar, but was afraid of what the lightning bar will look like because it's made for the 3rd gen and up. Seeing it on his truck makes it clear that I want to use Go Rhino rather than Fab Fours, also save myself about 600 hundred bucks seeing as the headache rack will cost me around 1000 by the time I have it with the modifiers.

Here's what it looks like.

887753020574_P04_zpsa0sxpgbk.jpg

0_w1000_h_images_slideshow_newslide3v2_zpsbog3rvii.png

I'm thinking I'll install it black then photoshop it red and see what it looks like. I want to avoid doing any light bars on top of the truck all together, so if any lights go on top of the Lightning Bar then it'll be 4 of these.

CAR-51W-RED_zpspdhroku7.jpg

Kind of cool to see another built 2nd gen running around town.

OP
OP
NightMares

NightMares

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Rear Runner installed this morning before work. License plate relocated after work, too dark for me to grab pics of that though.

20151203_105017_zpsu5gctice.jpg

20151203_105024_zpsalxi1kw7.jpg

20151203_105033_zpsfdgsfl08.jpg

Had a doctors appointment today with the wife, first time driving the truck into a parking garage with the lift. Found out the lightning bar is actually a no go. I've only got about 4" above the truck before it hits, and the wife works at the hospital the parking garage is at. Needless to say if by chance the truck gets driven to her work by her, I don't want to get that phone call.

Photo chopped the fab fours headache rack in. Leaving it black, it ties in well enough that I'm not going to bother putting more work into going red.

20151203_105134_HDR%20ffhrwm_zpsnylngq01.jpg

OP
OP
NightMares

NightMares

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Orders came in today, of course my timing chain isn't here yet. Probably Monday or Wednesday, so next weekend I'll be doing all the motor work.

However, some fun goodies still showed up.

1) Wheels showed today. Gonna get them mounted and balance today, then slap them on tonight.

Wheels

20151204_112124_zpsyizyroif.jpg

Tires that have been here since Tuesday

20151204_112130_zpsbvxzzvaj.jpg

2) New LED headlight bulbs and switchback 3157's. I've been fighting with bulbs since first installing the Spyder headlight housings. The signal housing have nothing reflective inside, and 3 different bulbs haven't worked for me. So, I've decided to take the Winjet headlights I've had sitting and do a little "customization" to them, along with throwing some different stuff in.

Here's the plan for the headlights

Currently how they are

s-l1600_zpszlksllpp.jpg

Here's a quick mock of what I'm doing

LED%20AND%20LIGHT_zpsvtyff8q8.jpg

One of my distributors was having a sale on Putco products, and I had sold a set of the Cree bulbs after a customer saw the headlights on my truck. When I went to order them, I found that there was a massive end of year sale going on and they were trying to clear Putco off the shelves. So, I got a pair of the Nite-lux bulbs that are black housing with the ribbons off the back rather than the electric fans, and a set of the 3157 switchback bulbs for dirt cheap.

9007 bulbs

20151204_112413_zpsapzl9ovj.jpg

20151204_112419_zps3o8j3rol.jpg

Switchbacks

20151204_112323_zpsnppjrje9.jpg

Also coming in today is my 3" block KIT from BDS that's specific for the Ram 1500's, so tonight I'll be throwing the wheels and tires on, along with the rear blocks to finally level this sumbitch.

Then tonight after everyone falls asleep, I'll sneak out to the kitchen table and pull apart the headlights and start masking everything off. Gotta grab some butyl tape tonight to reseal them, but I've already got the red paint left over from doing the bumper so should look ******* when it's all done.

OP
OP
NightMares

NightMares

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Wheels, tires, and 3" rear installed! Didn't even get the 2" spacers off, impact wouldn't budge them, good to know the red locktite works! I'll get them off eventually, for now it looks good and IT'S FINALLY LEVEL!

20151204_173459_zpsgmzlvz76.jpg

20151204_174850_zpst2b77zyq.jpg

20151204_174857_zpst25yuywi.jpg

20151204_183649_zpslz6wt7dx.jpg

20151204_183705_zpsgl0tbpke.jpg

20151204_183750_zpsg5tb4s2i.jpg

20151204_190828_zpsqvqbii3h.jpg

OP
OP
NightMares

NightMares

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Took her on a short road trip last night. Little brother finally sold his 95 F-150, we went out and found himself a real truck. A lot of my old parts are being donated to the cause, including my 3" lift and shocks, I'm going to trade him grilles and have mine along with the sport bumper painted white and put on his truck, his grille painted PR4 and put on my truck, and when I get my TireGate I'll donate my tailgate to him seeing as this truck doesn't have one. Also decided to give him the Nite-Lux I just got in for Christmas for the truck seeing as I already have the LED's in on my mine.

Not a bad looking truck right now. 2000 with the 5.9, few dings and dents, needs some steering parts, but drives damn good. Tow mirrors were pulled back off and stock mirrors are on the truck. Only thing I cannot stand is it has a home made cup holder to replace the cheesy ones these trucks came with. I'll have to grab some pics of it later on, but it's bare metal steel, looks like a cage with two round tubs welded on to hold cups. So, when I get ready to do my center console build, I'll donate my cup holder assembly as well.

00t0t_hCpBvflXqlY_600x450_zpsokm7zrnx.jpg

00m0m_8129jnu3AyU_600x450_zpscyvyzqr4.jpg

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
Had a customer stop in with a 99 QCSB about the same size as mine now. Looked over his truck, kind of funny, I have parts he's been thinking about and he's got parts I've been thinking about. My truck being the bumper and winch setup, and apparently we're both thinking about doing the TireGate on the trucks.

On his truck, it's not the same brand, but he's got the identical hood to the amerihood I've been looking at for a while, seeing it in person confirms that the hood will be coming shortly. I've also been bouncing back and forth between the Fab Fours headache rack and the Go Rhino Lightning Series bar, but was afraid of what the lightning bar will look like because it's made for the 3rd gen and up. Seeing it on his truck makes it clear that I want to use Go Rhino rather than Fab Fours, also save myself about 600 hundred bucks seeing as the headache rack will cost me around 1000 by the time I have it with the modifiers.

Here's what it looks like.

887753020574_P04_zpsa0sxpgbk.jpg

0_w1000_h_images_slideshow_newslide3v2_zpsbog3rvii.png

I'm thinking I'll install it black then photoshop it red and see what it looks like. I want to avoid doing any light bars on top of the truck all together, so if any lights go on top of the Lightning Bar then it'll be 4 of these.

I've been thinking of one of these... I saw one on a Silverado last week and liked it.
roof rack.jpg

Attachments

• roof rack.jpg
    roof rack.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 1,446