No muffler no resonator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RAYDEL PORTO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I finally did it and i love it. Mufflex muffler delete and no resonator. I dont tow and and barely go in the highway so i cant help you with the sound there but at least city and i dont go fast i love it. Every where i pass by people look. Also when i start it at a parking lot is super loud but nice loud and evryone looks like wtf is in that truck lol. Anyway im trying to post the 2 videos of start up and revs but even though i made them really small it wont let me load them here so. Unless someone helps me with that the obly thing that comes to my head is send me your number or email and ill send you the videos and maybe one of you can post them. 786 232 1034 [email protected]

IRSmart

I drink and I know things
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
It’ll quiet down. I noticed this morning that I no longer have that 65-75mph drone that I had in the beginning, which I like. But yeah, I like the “wtf was that?” looks I get. I’m used to that in my mustang, now I get that in the truck too lol. What did you do about the resonator? Cut it off, or did you use a diesel tail pipe?

OP
OP
RAYDEL PORTO

RAYDEL PORTO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I cut it off this morning and im waiting for the rbp black tail pipe that fedex is supposed to deliver today. 20180303_135024.jpg

OP
OP
RAYDEL PORTO

RAYDEL PORTO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
My opinion about the sound is that is definetively better and more truck like but thats just my opinion but i dont think anyone will disagree with me that it definetively looks a lot better without that damn resonator and tailpipe on. And im sure it will look better as soon as i put the blacked rbp tail pipe

IRSmart

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
I must be the only person alive not bothered by the look of the resonator.

56PW17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sounds great!

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sounds good. Thanks for sharing. I have a Solo Performance muffler delete on the way. I am going to try that and then I may cut the resonator off after as I hate the look of it.

56PW17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sounds good. Thanks for sharing. I have a Solo Performance muffler delete on the way. I am going to try that and then I may cut the resonator off after as I hate the look of it.

Do you do any towing? I wonder what the drone will be like?

I wish the truck sounded more throaty but i love how quite the cab is on the highway. Im afraid of losing that since i do mostly highway cruising. When i do decide to take the leap i will purchase from you.

Ive read nothing but good things.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Do you do any towing? I wonder what the drone will be like?

I wish the truck sounded more throaty but i love how quite the cab is on the highway. Im afraid of losing that since i do mostly highway cruising. When i do decide to take the leap i will purchase from you.

Ive read nothing but good things.
I do tow in occasion. I'm installing mine most likely next weekend. I'm going to do some videos and take some pics. Let me know if there is anything in particular you want to see

Thank you, that is very much appreciated!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

IRSmart

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
I’d wait a few weeks on those videos. I noticed that my Mufflex has quieted down a bit over the past month now that it’s broken in.

Deviousin10tions

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 3500 Bighorn 8ft bed SRW
Engine
6.7 Cummins
What is to break in? It's the mufflex delete it's straight piped, I do understand the mufflex with magnaflow changes sounds but I don't see a straight pipe with no resonator getting quieter.

Grand Mesa

Reaction score
IMG_1853.JPG I would suggest for 56PW17 to do some serious WOT towing on some long steep Interstate or highway grades due to I believe in that situation the stock Power Wagon noise level is quite loud enough. For example, towing up any grade of 8% or steeper all one hears in the cab is the exhaust drone of the 6.4L giving its all.

Been running Thrush Turbo and Magnaflow mufflers on V8 engine trucks since the mid 1970s. Love the tone, but I am sticking with the stock exhaust system on the Power Wagon. It has just the right resonator tone for blowing pass a Prius on any grade. Anything louder would become quite annoying when towing at WOT. That's my opinion.

Last edited:

MJockey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L

While that doesn't sound to loud in your video, that got to be crazy loud under heavy load.

IRSmart

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
What is to break in? It's the mufflex delete it's straight piped, I do understand the mufflex with magnaflow changes sounds but I don't see a straight pipe with no resonator getting quieter.
Whether or not you see it happening is irrelevant, it’ll happen. The inside of the pipe will coat with carbon and help to cut down on resonances. I have the same kit and after 2-3 weeks I noticed significantly less drone at the 65-75 mph zone.

forte

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Power wagon
Engine
I must be the only person alive not bothered by the look of the resonator.

No way, I like it too. If it sounded better I'd keep it. My only issue is that I'm indecisive on which option I should go with as I live in a residential area with a lot of families with young kids so I can't get anything that's excessively loud but would like something with a better growl to it.

IRSmart

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Story semi related. Went to take my son to school this morning, and I hit the remote start just as the garage was opening. He ran out of the garage and was standing right next to the tail pipe when it started. Needless to say I almost had to peel him off the roof of the house lol

LB3711

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
no mufflers are the only way to go. Fo now on any V8 I have the mufflers are gone. Did that on my Charger