No start - all fuses okay - then started???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HighCountry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You all are way smarter then I am so hopefully this will be familiar to someone... I don't understand what happened...

I hit the key fob... the lights flashed as usual and the doors unlocked... I turned the key and all the dash lights came on bright, radio, etc... But then I tried to start my truck and nothing happened. Not even a click... Numerous tries and nothing! Took the key out and put it back in numerous times and still nothing.
And when I walked back inside, I hit the key fob and nothing happened then either??? No lights, no door locks???
It was late so I left it until the morning in the daylight...

It seemed like a classic blown fuse so I checked every one that is associated with the ignition system... they were all fine???

OK, what the heck, let's give it one more try and it started like nothing was every wrong??? WTF???

Did pulling the fuses reset something???

2007 5.7 Hemi 1500 4x4

OP
OP
H

HighCountry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks Chopper... no, the Fob battery is good too... In fact, I opened the doors from inside the house, about 50 yards away, before I went out to try to start it. In fact, I pushed it and even opened the doors from the nieghbors, about 75 yards away tonight to make sure that wasn't it... And it worked perfectly???
Crazy!!! I don't get it???

Zinnmaster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Bad ground to your battery? Or a failing battery. I have had my truck spaz out on me before. Couldn't get it to start. Replaced battery terminals with a new battery and that fixed it.

CostaRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
That sounds as the battery just made it to unlock the doors and died.
Doublecheck the battery terminals and if ok then wap it with a known good to check that.
Chris

OP
OP
H

HighCountry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks for all the thoughts.
I didn't mention, all the interior lights, headlights, dash etc were bright. We even tried jumping it with another vehicle and still no ignition. Not even a click... That's why I left it until the next morning and checked all the fuses.
I can't find anything out of the ordinary, and it hasn't done it since either... It was even 8 degrees this morning, and the truck sat for 2 1/2 days and it started like a champ!
I'm just going to chalk it up to aliens??? :) But I will go have the battery tested... You never know right???
Thanks again for the input.