Not a happy camper with new 2019 limited

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’m sure there will be updates but damn you expect it to work when it leaves the factory and the dealership

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well Me and my wife traded in her 2017 challenger gt. We bought a 2019 ram limited. We had less then 200 miles on it and The radio started going in and out, It says antenna not connected. Next Front dome (courtesy) lights not working. Next surround camera not coming up only backup camera. We have owned over 10 new and 10 used Chrysler products (never had any problems with the new ones). This one seems like it is going to be a dog.

So did you get these issues resolved?...follow up?

19RamLimited

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Here's my update - I cleared all the personal information out of the system and did the soft re-set, and then I pulled the fuse. Then I started over, and this move seemed to clear up all the glitches except for ONE. When I hit the Backup Cam Icon, The camera view comes up but the screen becomes unresponsive. I hit the X in the upper right hand corner and nothing happens. If I put the truck in drive and drive forward for about 10-15 seconds it then reverts to whatever screen I was on before. (Prior to the re-set, I would need to turn the truck off and back on.)

My dealer wants me to come in for some diagnostics on it. I'll eventually get there, but for now I'm in much better shape. BTW, I wonder if anybody here knows what the new secret trick is to access the re-set screen of the UConnect system. It used to be a combination of the Hot/Cold/Defrost buttons on some of the 8.4 inch models.

Fitz-0518

Veteran 66-68
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500. 2018 1500
Engine
6.4 3.6
I had RamCares reach out on an issue that I was having and found them to be EXTREMELY helpful. I'm sure they'll take care of you. Really sharp rig by the way.
Same "Ramcare Jumped in" experience with our 2018. Darlene or Patrick can and will help. Another great benefit in this forum.

sarge1993

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Picked up our new 2019 Ram Limited yesterday and love the ride. It's a beautiful truck in and out. That being said, we do have some issues:

1. Our window sticker clearly states that we have the Trailer Tow Mirrors and the Surround-View Camera System. This Forum just alerted me to this issue and I will be contacting Ram regarding the "missing" option that I paid for.

2. The speakers/audio stopped working this morning. The volume is up, mute is not on, and I've checked all the settings. The radio/audio was working fine when I left this morning, but when I restarted the car...nothing. My phone is connected and I can make calls - they can hear me but I can't hear anything through my speakers. Called the dealership regarding this and they couldn't help me over the phone because "they didn't know the new 12" system yet" ours was the first 2019 Ram Limited to come through their dealership. Will have to take it in next week to see if it's a simple fix or if something is faulty.

Bcovish

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Picked up our new 2019 Ram Limited yesterday and love the ride. It's a beautiful truck in and out. That being said, we do have some issues:

1. Our window sticker clearly states that we have the Trailer Tow Mirrors and the Surround-View Camera System. This Forum just alerted me to this issue and I will be contacting Ram regarding the "missing" option that I paid for.

2. The speakers/audio stopped working this morning. The volume is up, mute is not on, and I've checked all the settings. The radio/audio was working fine when I left this morning, but when I restarted the car...nothing. My phone is connected and I can make calls - they can hear me but I can't hear anything through my speakers. Called the dealership regarding this and they couldn't help me over the phone because "they didn't know the new 12" system yet" ours was the first 2019 Ram Limited to come through their dealership. Will have to take it in next week to see if it's a simple fix or if something is faulty.

Dealer is full of it or just ignorant Sales,service techs, service managers all have had extensive training on these new Rams. Make them file a complaint. And if it’s that new drive it back to them amd give the GM the keys and ask for a loaner.

Ramjet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I know this ia a ***** thread, but has anyone else fallen head over heels for this new design? I thought it was so so when it rolled out, but this thing has really grown on me.

OP
OP

2019ramtruck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Here is a up date, They have repaired the lights, It was a direct short in the harness. They have not repaired the radio. It's the dealers favorite words. (We can't duplicated so it's not broken) Chrysler did do a refund and some other things for me to compensate for the camera system.

New problem now that it has rained heavy here in Florida we have a leak in sun roof or back window. drivers side under back seat soaked.

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
^^^. That’s exactly what happened to my first Limited back in 2010. We had a full days worth of rain and I was away for business. Went to get into my truck and started driving and it sounded like I was moving a fish tank in the rear. Pulled over and my back floor was flooded. Had only had the truck for 3 days and two of which I was away. Took it back and they could not figure it out so I unloaded on them and got a BigHorn with NO sunroof instead.

I know stuff happens, but not when it’s my dime that it’s happening it to !

Father Of Four

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
wow....they still haven't fixed the 3rd brake light :uhoh2:

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
My 3rd light on my BigHorn never leaked, yet my neighbors Limited did and his was a 2017 one.

Father Of Four

The Gibson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
wow....they still haven't fixed the 3rd brake light :uhoh2:

I took a look at my third brake light to see if the screws were tight. The Phillips screws look like drywall screws. WTF? They seriously look very cheap.

I have a list of things that make me wish I had not purchased a 2019 Ram. Some that might get fixed, but some that are just things I didn't notice until after I owned it. I will be in the market for another truck in a few years now and may go back to GM or try Ford again. My first Mopar truck is a bummer.

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I took a look at my third brake light to see if the screws were tight. The Phillips screws look like drywall screws. WTF? They seriously look very cheap.

I have a list of things that make me wish I had not purchased a 2019 Ram. Some that might get fixed, but some that are just things I didn't notice until after I owned it. I will be in the market for another truck in a few years now and may go back to GM or try Ford again. My first Mopar truck is a bummer.

You bought a first year production truck - it is going to have it's issues. My issues are pretty minimal, but I understand a few glitches with the screen and minor other things will happen. I knew that going in. I love the truck.

SilverBullet85

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

I must not be as familiar with drywall screws as I thought. It's a screw with threads, it's black (added bonus) and I've noticed they turn and tighten. Not sure what the beef is with the screws :33: Does ford use better screws? C'mon, man. Let's hear a legit gripe as I'm sure you have some

n-humble

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
FWIW, I have another truck with a shark fin antenna for satellite radio and cell phone, and the audio signal will drop when trees block line of sight, and when driving through the urban jungle close to radar controlled automatic doors. I don't know enough about the frequency range that Sirius XM satellites use, but I usually listen to the decade channels, and they all experience these dropouts. Some channels seem to be immune to this effect.