Not the best way to start Monday morning!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HemiStarPower

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good luck to you man, never take their first or second over. Insurance companies will always try to low ball it. Like everyone said fight for the worth.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
jmh288

jmh288

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 (2017 1500 KIA OCT 2017)
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well, after only six months she is being declared DOA. Insurance is calling it a total loss. Now what to get???

lharrell79

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Wow, I can't believe they totaled it. It doesn't look like that much damage from the original pics.

OP
OP
jmh288

jmh288

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wow, I can't believe they totaled it. It doesn't look like that much damage from the original pics.

Original estimate was around $15,700 for noticeable damage. Then after the body shop took it apart they had the SF adjuster come out and inspect the twisted frame. Then the estimate shot up to $29,200.

OP
OP
jmh288

jmh288

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Let me know if I can help in any way. The advice I have for you is to fight for its worth, get a second opinion if you feel like you need it (I got it) and don’t be afraid to give it to the claim adjustor. I was being nice but at one point I just about had enough and started lecturing her and it worked.

If mine would have gotten repaired, I either would have tried to drive it to the ground or sell it right away, because of the diminished value. Hopefully your body shop guys are pulling for what you want and know the adjustor coming in to look at it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The initial estimate from SF was more than I expected. I spoke with a couple buddies in the auto business and they were even surprised.

Looking at all the numbers though it’s pretty spot on. I’ll get a check on Monday when I sign a power of attorney and the bank will get a check right after that.

PDXRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The initial estimate from SF was more than I expected. I spoke with a couple buddies in the auto business and they were even surprised.

Looking at all the numbers though it’s pretty spot on. I’ll get a check on Monday when I sign a power of attorney and the bank will get a check right after that.

Wow. Good for you. For me it certainly wasn’t that easy!

OP
OP
jmh288

jmh288

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well I found (got) a replacement. I’ll post a new thread soon or by the weekend. I’m on the road all week. [emoji41]
82ffd4ec603f2cf65f8a24e5bca1aa4b.jpg

PDXRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Let me know how you like it. I️ was considering the Night Edition too

OP
OP
jmh288

jmh288

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Let me know how you like it. I️ was considering the Night Edition too

My black 17 was a Night Edition. Loved it. I actually think I’m liking the new granite color on my 18 a little more. A real nice contrast.

TruckNut

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Glad all worked out OK! Nice addition by the way. Looks good in the granite.

Ram Night

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Man, that sucks, glad you are ok. You are lucky you do not live in Florida.
Earlier this year my son was sitting at a red light on his motorcycle, and a 16 year old kid was texting and ran into him doing 40+mph. When the cops came, my son was told the kid had no license or insurance, and it is to bad because there was nothing my son could do about it. His insurance had to pay for everything from replacing the bike to hospital bills.

mohemipar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 4.10's
Earlier this year my son was sitting at a red light on his motorcycle, and a 16 year old kid was texting and ran into him doing 40+mph. When the cops came, my son was told the kid had no license or insurance, and it is to bad because there was nothing my son could do about it. His insurance had to pay for everything from replacing the bike to hospital bills.

Scary..

How about in Michigan, this NO FAULT insurance. What a bright idea. Co-worker just got rear ended by someone not paying attention of course. Looks like his rates are going to go up...

OP
OP
jmh288

jmh288

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Yea, I definitely got lucky. I hope your son made it out of the crash ok. No LastIng injuries. I’ve been hit twice by cars on a motorcycle (Chicago is a bad place to ride), and smacked by a deer as it was coming off the bumper of a car going the opposite direction.

atc06jh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L

1-800-Callken! Lawyer up and civil suit that kids parents.

Devin1349

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Whats crazy about lawsuits with kids is what happens afterwards, a few months ago my brother was walking home from school, still on school grounds walking the cross walk when another kid drifting his car hit my brother now of course I told my parents to sue the hell out of the other kids parents but they decided not to in fear that the kid driving would have my brother jumped for sueing. It really sucks when I can't defend my little brother (oldest child problems I guess) @ramnight sue the hell out of the kids parents and whoop the boys dad's ass for teaching his son to be a *******

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Whats crazy about lawsuits with kids is what happens afterwards, a few months ago my brother was walking home from school, still on school grounds walking the cross walk when another kid drifting his car hit my brother now of course I told my parents to sue the hell out of the other kids parents but they decided not to in fear that the kid driving would have my brother jumped for sueing. It really sucks when I can't defend my little brother (oldest child problems I guess) @ramnight sue the hell out of the kids parents and whoop the boys dad's ass for teaching his son to be a *******

Wow, those sound like pretty terrible living conditions that suing isn't an option due to fear of physical retaliation. Sorry to hear about that.

Devin1349

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
whats funny is I know my "little brother" can hold his own he may only be a teenager but the kid is so tall he can look or a corn field and he is putting on muscle if he doesnt go into the NFL I'd be very suprised. but youre right its BS how we have to live in fear for justice.