OEM fender flare coming off? Glue?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
truck has less than 2k, just knoticed this today while waxing the truck. Looks like the double sided tape tore.

I hate taking the truck to the dealer, anyway I can fix this as it’s just a small section at the moment.

Thoughts?

9FC68A17-DD0F-4585-B731-7186B7961C34.jpeg

44BD0166-14A3-4D15-9EEC-FBB2DDB53A86.jpeg

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I would take it back. We’re buying new trucks and they are expensive. I made damn sure the dealer took care of all that stuff. Although minor still not cool when dropping this much money.

Let them fix it. That’s shouldn’t happen so quick

Mods: EGR matte black bug deflector, Westin HDX drop steps, rough county bull bar with 20” LED, custom made NW seat covers in real tree camo, husky liner mats, husky liner mud guards, undercover LUX tonneau cover, Tailgate assist, flowmaster super 40 with resonators, tinted 15% front, LED C shaped tail lights. Line-X 5.7’ box

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Seen a few here with the same issue, I’m sure your dealers seen this before

OP
OP
blackbetty14

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
Just hate the dealer techs... or people in general working on my truck. If I’m lucky they will only need the truck for one full day but doubt it.

wallacemf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 4x4 Hemi 6.4
My 2018 2500 has the same problem, all four flares were detaching. I’ve had it in to the dealer body shop once already. Word to the wise- FCA will not pay the dealer to simply clean them up and retape them. Under warranty, FCA ships the dealer new unpainted flares, the dealer has to prep and paint them to match. I have a case open with FCA and the guy managing the case confirmed this. Makes no sense to me.

So the dealer painted new ones and put them on. Unfortunately, the painter was out sick so his helper was painting. Two of them have runs, another has air bubbles in the paint. And one of them is already detaching again. I am taking the truck back in this week to have them redone. Not sure yet how they are handling it- repaint and retape? Or another set of new ones?? I’ll find out tomorrow. Make sure the dealer is clear on what they will be doing when you take yours in. Might wanna check reviews on their body work as well...

ctdodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The driver's side rear on my '17 Laramie with 3400 miles is doing the same thing. I'm not going to make a special trip to the dealer for it but next time I have to go I'll bring it up

LCACER

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
truck has less than 2k, just knoticed this today while waxing the truck. Looks like the double sided tape tore.

I hate taking the truck to the dealer, anyway I can fix this as it’s just a small section at the moment.

Thoughts?

View attachment 128900

View attachment 128901

Funny, that exact same thing (left front fender) happened to my 2018. Though I noticed the day after I picked it up. The dealer ordered a new one and put it on. The one that was on it was warped somehow.

Wiggleroom

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I hate bringing the truck back for anything for the same reasons but the squeaky wheel gets greased

OP
OP
blackbetty14

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
My 2018 2500 has the same problem, all four flares were detaching. I’ve had it in to the dealer body shop once already. Word to the wise- FCA will not pay the dealer to simply clean them up and retape them. Under warranty, FCA ships the dealer new unpainted flares, the dealer has to prep and paint them to match. I have a case open with FCA and the guy managing the case confirmed this. Makes no sense to me.

So the dealer painted new ones and put them on. Unfortunately, the painter was out sick so his helper was painting. Two of them have runs, another has air bubbles in the paint. And one of them is already detaching again. I am taking the truck back in this week to have them redone. Not sure yet how they are handling it- repaint and retape? Or another set of new ones?? I’ll find out tomorrow. Make sure the dealer is clear on what they will be doing when you take yours in. Might wanna check reviews on their body work as well...

This is the **** I don't want to deal with. Luckly my dealer doesn't do body work, they farm it out to an actual body shop... not sure if that's good or bad...

OP
OP
blackbetty14

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
Ugh... the issue I have currently is that water is going to get in it and expecting rain today.

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
The driver's side rear on my '17 Laramie with 3400 miles is doing the same thing. I'm not going to make a special trip to the dealer for it but next time I have to go I'll bring it up

Clean it good and put some 3M double sided tape on it that should take care of it

I Love My 2018 RAM 2500HD 4x4 6.4L. USMC (ret)

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L

Do you get the option of keeping the old ones? If so I would.

Mbrigh3

IG: Stormtrooper_5.7
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My work ford explorer has this issue... seems Ram isnt alone!

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well, for any of you who don't want to deal with it anymore, take them off and I'll pay shipping for you to send them to my address. I need some! :D

P.S. - I would prefer Granite Crystal in color. :D :D

wallacemf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 4x4 Hemi 6.4
Do you get the option of keeping the old ones? If so I would.

Nope, warranty work and they send the old ones back to FCA. Luckily they haven’t sent them back yet, so they are going to retape them and put them back on, instead of trying to fix the new ones with the bad paint.

wallacemf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 4x4 Hemi 6.4
Well, for any of you who don't want to deal with it anymore, take them off and I'll pay shipping for you to send them to my address. I need some! :D

P.S. - I would prefer Granite Crystal in color. :D :D

My truck is granite crystal. I’ll ask again, but don’t count on it, they told me no once already

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Oh, I'm sure they either throw them away or send them back when it comes to warranty work.

I was being more of a smarta** than anything, but it's worth a shot. :D

hunterdan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I noticed this too on my 16 a few days after I bought it this month. My problem is my dealer is an hour away, and I work nights. So they ordered a set of flares (all 4 of mine were peeling), and are having them painted. So, all I should have to do is pop in to have them installed.

Ledawg

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just noticed the same thing on my 16. I have owned it 2 weeks and only 15k miles. Still under factory warranty so I guess Ill get it in the shop.