oem navigation add on-need help quick please!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hemi1300

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Lookin at purchasing a used oem 2 din navigation unit from an 06 ram, to install into my 07, selling for $375. This should plug directly in with no splicing/guesswork, correct? The unit is obviously loaded with the nav system, any additional antennae's needed, my truck has the satellite radio antennae on the roof, is this the same one used for the gps? Last question, below is a pic of my stock bezel, and i know 2 din bezels can be had on ebay for about $100. Curious if i could make mine work with a little bit of dremel fabrication, from the pics it looks like i would just need to hack the opening quite a bit bigger, which i'm pretty comfortable using the dremel, just don't want to assume i can do this and then have it not work for some reason
002.jpg

001.jpg

BlackedOutHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2012
Engine
5.7L HEMI & 6.7L Cummins
It wouldn't look near as smooth if you hack it up, plus I believe the two "ears" for the knobs could make it look funny.

EJM05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
440 Big Block
Dude go aftermarket. Best bang for the Buck.

OP
OP
hemi1300

hemi1300

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
was looking into aftermarket, but there are sooo damn many and every unit i researched was "iffy" with the reviews, and just couldn't decide on one. Figured if i snagged an oem unit it would just swap right in and be done, no additional splicing and such required. I'm aware about the ears on the knobs, but from the measurements of the nav unit, the opening would need cut larger and would take out the ears completely, including the little storage bin below the deck

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
i'm sure you could dremel your existing bezel, take your time and it could come out pretty decent, but of course the nav bezel will definitely look better

BlackedOutHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2012
Engine
5.7L HEMI & 6.7L Cummins
Just think it wouldn't look smooth enough if you cut it up. Planning on changing it anyways. Then it couldn't hurt to try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk