Off road racing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Graham91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8 5.9
Hello, I'm interested in off-road truck racing. Realistically I can't afford to just go out and build my own truck for racing over night but I want to learn more. Learn about where they even hold off road races. I'd like to go to a few events and watch, and maybe a little info on how these people even get started in off-road truck racing.

TRIGGER_Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
well first off what style are you looking for? if you're looking for a project truck look at race-desert.com

what is it your looking for?

Peattie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
a majority of desert races happen in california, nevada, and arizona state side. or go to mexico for the baja 500 and 100.

it is very expensive to build a truck and go race. most people can't afford it. trophy trucks are about $500k if I'm not mistaken, however there are a lot of other classes you can race.

not sure if this will open, but look here for the classes and rules. some classes are limited to whats allowed in a truck. BITD and SCORE is who you look up for info on rules and fees.
http://www.bitd.com/images/stories/pdfs/2015_CTRuleBook.pdf

It is very expensive to just go out and race, usually you'll need a team for a pit crew, ton of spare parts, gas, tires ect.

I know a company here in vegas, VORE, you can go rent one of their rangers, the price ranges from $8500-49,000 depending on the race, but that pays for the truck, gas, crew and everything else included. just show up and race.

I drove the vote trucks and they're a ton of fun, expensive but fun.

hope this helps a bit.

Edit: Vore has a variety of packages, they have short course, desert trails or raptors you can drive. the $8500-49,000 is the cost for racing only. For example I did 30 miles in the desert (15 driving, 15 co-driving and 10 laps on the short course for $750.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye