Oil Catch Can Dump photos

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R.L.K.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Good deal on the Moe's Performance link !

@ AFMoulton Damn ! I kinda feel your pain , I recently paid off $4Gs that we put into our youngest sons mouth

AFMoulton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Good deal on the Moe's Performance link !

@ AFMoulton Damn ! I kinda feel your pain , I recently paid off $4Gs that we put into our youngest sons mouth

Jesus, I put $4600 in the middle daughters mount, got that paid off then, the oldest needed work too.......and I have 3 more kids to go. Maybe I will get lucky and one will not need the Orthodontist.....FML

ExpressRules

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express Crew Cab & 2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Jesus, I put $4600 in the middle daughters mount, got that paid off then, the oldest needed work too.......and I have 3 more kids to go. Maybe I will get lucky and one will not need the Orthodontist.....FML

If you punch their teeth out you can save some future expense. Just saying.

:roflsquared:

PCT

2019 2500 6.4
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AFMoulton

or just say **** it you better have swag:roflsquared:

swag.jpg

OP
OP
R.L.K.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey fellas , anyone subscribed to this thread that has posted a pic of your dump , please include the oil weight you are using.

I got about 8 - 8.5 oz in 4,200 miles of all around driving ( Fall & Winter )
I'm using 5W -30 oil .

869e3ac3264240b80a58009512b8e905.jpg

Thanks guys , I seem to collect more oils than most others , I just wonder if it's the weight of my oil causing a more violent mist inside the crankcase resulting in more oil being vented through the PCV .

Thanks again guys and KEEP THOSE PICTURES COMING!

arod412

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I should have posted a picture of my throttle body when I cleaned it with brake cleaner...it was pretty dirty...lol.

That is with no catch can..lol

Truck name: Rampage

AFMoulton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Nice ! What flavor ?
Be sure to post up pictures!
Went with Billet Tech in orange, to match my underhand theme I'm going with! The bank cleared me for $300 so I got the catch can, and getting the front windows tinted, and losing that crazy antenna!

Last edited:

jescal76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I'm fairly new to hemi's, what is the purpose of the oil catch can?

jlpowell84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm fairly new to hemi's, what is the purpose of the oil catch can?

The Crank case vent hose is routed to the intake and send the vapors, oils, burnt this, un-burnt that, all not good stuff that goes into your engine to burn off for emissions.

The catch can catches all that. You have the can and filter system inline the PCV vent hose.

It has been said Chrysler or others do not install from factory because neglect to maintain would be much worse than no catch can installed.

I have only 400 miles or so on mine and nothing yet :)

big_red06

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Bighorn
Engine
hemi 5.7
The Crank case vent hose is routed to the intake and send the vapors, oils, burnt this, un-burnt that, all not good stuff that goes into your engine to burn off for emissions.

The catch can catches all that. You have the can and filter system inline the PCV vent hose.

It has been said Chrysler or others do not install from factory because neglect to maintain would be much worse than no catch can installed.

I have only 400 miles or so on mine and nothing yet :)

if you drive a lot check it about once a month with most of us in this day of computers, tablets or smart phones its not hard to set yourself a reoccurring reminder to check it . i have mine set for the first of every month and my iPhone tells me its time to see what it collected. i do around 1100 to 1200 miles a month mostly highway and in my case its usually 1/4 full of nasty stuff I'm glad is not making its way back into my engine .I happen check it monthly some check it with their oil change completely up to personal preference as long as you check it :naughty:

OP
OP
R.L.K.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi