onboard air

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bcbouy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 power wagon
Engine
hemi
i'm looking to add an onboard air compressor and tank to fill my bags and tires on my '12 2500.anybody out there done this and how/where did you mount them?what system did you go with ? looking for some first hand knowledge if possible.i've searched reviews and priced some out but would like to hear your thoughts.

jtlp8335

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Bump

I'm looking at a system as well--any advice appreciated.

Also, I'm assuming its safe to assume that installing aftermarket air lockers on my rear diff would void a Maxcare warranty...

COAinPaso

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a viair compressor and tank for the same reasons. I think mine is the 280 compressor mounted on a 1 or 1.5 gallon tank. Works well. I installed it behind the back seat with a switch on the dash. I also bought a 50' hose from harbor freight that reaches the bags obviously, but it will also reach ALL of the tires on my stock trailer. The hose also coils up nicely and fits under the seat, always hooked up to the tank. The Viair 280 works great but if I did it over I would buy 480 constant duty cycle compressor, same tank, same install spot. On board air is one of the add-ons that I never thought I would use as much as I do. It's great for blowing out the cab, the bed, and blowing all of the dust off of me!

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963