One more question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Terrence

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
i was told that since my truck is gonna be spindle dropped that I dont need special shocks for the front of my truck, I was told that I could just run regular shocks. is that true? I need help on this. I still new to all this lowering stuff, I know you guys know your stuff so Im looking for help from the experts.

thanks guys and gals :) I really appriciate all the help you guys give.

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I'm not really sure about what you're "supposed" to do.... But I went ahead and got the drop shocks for the front. It felt fine with the stock ones.. but I just wanted to be safe and got the Nitro Drop 2s all the way around..... Hope that helps :)

Also, I noticed that the truck dropped a lil but more when i put the drop shocks on

OP
OP
Terrence

Terrence

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
thanks. I might look into a set for the front. do you have the part number that you used to order your front shocks so I make sure I get the right shocks?

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
I can help if you are going up not down ..lol

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
I'm not familiar with the 05's and earlier models. But the 06's are a different animal all together. Kinda wish they kept it the same at times.......At least when it comes too changing shocks. Thats all I got, I always go with monroe cept, for the fronts, That was a bilstein application.

badblackram06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No you dont necessarily need the shocks. A spindle drop doesnt actually move the suspension. The point where the wheel bearing and hub mount is relocoated in a higher location on the spindle which what makes the truck lower. This what i have learned from installing spindles. but drop shocks may give you a better ride quality. i'm still riding on stock shocks and i havent had a problem but i am considering changing out to some of those nitro drop 2 shocks all the way around.