Options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RamRoy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Have an 09 Ram with a RC 6" lift. Just had front shocks (struts) replaced with Bilstiens. He said at the lowest setting it was too low, so they bumped it up to the next setting. Now it sits about an inch high (maybe he went to bumps up?). He said to let it settle and if I am not happy bring it back in.

Well, it has been a week and still sits higher; not sure how long it takes to settle. Thing is, I like the extra height up front. What options do I have for bringing the rear up level without spending a lot of money? I need to take another look at the CV axles to make sure they are not stressed too much, but I think they were OK.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does your RC use spacers or new coils for the rear lift?

OP
OP
R

RamRoy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Spacers. I guess I can just get a one inch taller spacer if it is available. I don't want to stack spacers.

Seems it would be less labor for the shop, so maybe they would do that for me if I bought the spacers.

Z mann R2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you have new coils in the rear just pop in a spacer

OP
OP
R

RamRoy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Damn, I will have to look now to be sure. Photo on web page shows spacers, but the description says factory tuned coil springs

WiSH2oo0

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4wd RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well, it has been a week and still sits higher; not sure how long it takes to settle.

After I installed my lift, it settled about a 1/2" in the 5 mile drive to the alignment shop. The instructions said to bounce up and down on the front end before torquing everything to spec. I wasn't about to jump up and down on the bumper of my new truck. So I rocked it back and forth a few times and lowered it quickly from the floor jack a couple times as well.

OP
OP
R

RamRoy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for posting guys. I will give it another week and ork the front end over some more.

OP
OP
R

RamRoy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well, been about 3 weeks and the front end is still an inch higher. Need to look and make sure they didn't go up two notches. I really like the height up front, just don't know an inexpensive way to raise the rear one inch. A one inch higher spacer would work, but I don't know of one. I have read that it is not good to stack spacers.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ya I wouldn’t use 2 spacers for the rear lift. You may have to take it back and have him lower it.

OP
OP
R

RamRoy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah, what a tease. LOL Got used to the extra inch and now have to lower it. Not sure how hard it would be to find a spacer that is one inch higher for the rear.

JB1, thanks for your responses on this post

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963