Ordered new 2018 2500 SLT Cummins today :-)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lobsterbake

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins Turbo Diesel 6.7
Hello,

I ordered my new 2500 Cummins in SLT trim today with the following items:

2500 SLT Crew Cab 4X4 with 6'4" box in granite crystal metallic:

Cloth bench seats - black/diesel gray

Anti spin differential

Park sense front and rear

Power folding trailer mirrors

Off road package (have no desire to go off road but makes it ride so much better)

Luxury group

Unconnect 4C 8.4" screen

Fog lamps

Polished aluminum wheels

Wheel to wheel side steps

Auxiliary switches - I/P mounted

Ctr stop lamp w/cargo view camera

5th wheel/gooseneck towing prep gap

Rear power sliding window

220 amp alternator

I will have the bed sprayed with Linex Premium when I get the truck - factory Linex does a great job but I like the premium as will keep it looking new for a long time.

I had to take a truck home to make sure it would fit in my garage with the shark fin antenna - it fits with about an inch to spare. I wont have a truck that I cant get into the garage.

Very excited - will be the third cummins I Have owned - had an SLT, a mega cab and now another SLT. I will be using for puling approximately 5000 lbs which is nothing for a Cummins but I cant handle the gas towing experience as it is painful and I live in area where some good hills so Cummins will handle it like a walk in the park.

Picture of the style and granite color but not actual truck since mine is ordered and a couple of pics of how tight it is clearance wise.

Thanks

Mark

IMG_0844.jpg

IMG_0863.jpg

IMG_0864.jpg

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
Congrats. Looks great!

Deki

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I didn't know orders were still open for 2018s. Congrats.

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
That's pretty much my exact truck but in a 2014 6.4 Hemi. I've looked at ordering a diesel and would probably keep everything the same. I like the bench seat, LOVE the color, love the 8.4 nav screen. The only thing I don't have that I'd like is heated seats and steering wheel. I actually thought I had them when I purchased but got confused between a couple trucks I was looking at. The Cummins is a beast. Enjoy!!

bobz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
Looks like the one I ordered but the dam dealership screwed it up and got a single cab. Guess who didn't take it??? Wanted that color to match my Jeep finally found one in a different color at a different color at another dealer. Why is it so hard to find a truck with an 8 ft bed?

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Looks like the one I ordered but the dam dealership screwed it up and got a single cab. Guess who didn't take it??? Wanted that color to match my Jeep finally found one in a different color at a different color at another dealer. Why is it so hard to find a truck with an 8 ft bed?
8' bed just isn't that popular in the crew cabs as they're like driving limos around, which is bad for a daily driver. Most guys need the tow capacity, but not the 8'bed Unless they have a camper. Around my neck of the woods they're typically a few grand cheaper used than the 6.5' used. I've had an F350 crew cab long box work truck in the past and you really noticed the longer wheelbase vs the crew short box that I owned at the time. I know someone with a GMC and went extended vs crew cab because he wanted the 8' for his camper, but not the wheelbase that came with the crew.

Big Terry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
curious what they quoted you for turnaround time on the order? i have an '18 Bighorn 1500, but next year I intend to order a '19 3500 CTD. Haven't even talked to the dealer yet, just trying to ballpark my wait time.

theviking

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I can just barely fit in most drive-through lines with my truck. I can't imagine having the 8' bed and trying to navigate those spaces. Would be nice when I'm packing for vacation though!

OP
OP
lobsterbake

lobsterbake

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins Turbo Diesel 6.7
The dealer quoted me 6-8 weeks. I had a fall out with the original dealer and got my money back and ordered a Laramie with basically the same set up as the SLT with another dealer and they quoted 8-10 weeks for a Cummins out of Mexico.