Overhead Console Installation/ problem with missing wire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bskl76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 liter Hemi
Homelink

Hey Brandon thanks for posting this info. Can u tell me where u got tht wiring diagram u posted? Is ur ram early 2013 or later? Thanks

OP
OP
B

brandonll25

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
GUID-081173947.jpg

this is the BCM under the dash of a 2013 dodge ram. I have gotten my wiring diagram from a friend that works at a dealership. That is why I don't have it in a picture format. I was only able to write what I could when I was there. My ram is an 2013 early model.

Montecarlo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok so I hooked up the third wire to the LIN BUS CBC 2 on the blue connector on the BCM, the BCM is under the steering wheel but you have to get in pretty deep as in its pretty much behind the headlight knob, but its too far back to reach from there so you have to get on the floor board and reach up to the BCM and the connector you need should be on the bottom left of the BCM module. Once you pull that connector off (to disconnect the connector you have to push a little button in the middle and the lever should go up and it will pull itself away from the socket.) you need to connect the cable you ran from the homelink connector to the Orange/ Violet wire. Once that is complete the Homelink should light up. It will only light up notifying you that it is connected correctly. However it will not operate till you go to any dodge dealership and ask to have the "HomeLink Universal Garage Door Opener sales code added to the vehicle options at the Dealer Connect web site. Then what they will do is upload the sales code to the computer and then they will reset the computer and once that is done the TIPM and BCM will be reset with that sales code and the computer will recognize the HomeLink module and will work after that. When you push the "I" and "III" buttons on the HomeLink at the same time you should get a status on the information center telling you that the HomeLink is "Clearing All Channels" once you see that your good. Good luck to anyone that is upgrading there 2009-2013 dodge ram 1500. I have a 2013 and it works for me but I cannot guarantee that this procedure will work for later or future models.

Montecarlo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok so I hooked up the third wire to the LIN BUS CBC 2 on the blue connector on the BCM, the BCM is under the steering wheel but you have to get in pretty deep as in its pretty much behind the headlight knob, but its too far back to reach from there so you have to get on the floor board and reach up to the BCM and the connector you need should be on the bottom left of the BCM module. Once you pull that connector off (to disconnect the connector you have to push a little button in the middle and the lever should go up and it will pull itself away from the socket.) you need to connect the cable you ran from the homelink connector to the Orange/ Violet wire. Once that is complete the Homelink should light up. It will only light up notifying you that it is connected correctly. However it will not operate till you go to any dodge dealership and ask to have the "HomeLink Universal Garage Door Opener sales code added to the vehicle options at the Dealer Connect web site. Then what they will do is upload the sales code to the computer and then they will reset the computer and once that is done the TIPM and BCM will be reset with that sales code and the computer will recognize the HomeLink module and will work after that. When you push the "I" and "III" buttons on the HomeLink at the same time you should get a status on the information center telling you that the HomeLink is "Clearing All Channels" once you see that your good. Good luck to anyone that is upgrading there 2009-2013 dodge ram 1500. I have a 2013 and it works for me but I cannot guarantee that this procedure will work for later or future models.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joeyoliver45