P0300 Code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dmuldrock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Recently my truck was throwing a P0300 code, random misfiring. After startup I'd put the truck on drive and go to accelerate but there was no response for a second or two. This didn't happen all the time but from time to time.
After some research I figured it was probably a sensor so started by replacing the TPS but this did not fix the issue with P0300 code still throwing. I was going to replace crank sensor next but as luck or no luck would have it the first cold morning of fall my battery lost a cell and wouldn't start the truck anymore. After replacing the battery the P0300 code was gone and now after driving it for a few days the issue has not come back. I'm guessing the issue was low power due to the battery on it's way out.

Ram-Rod

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My 06 4.7 had the clips on the plugs going into the pcm crack, they were not falling out but the plugs wiggled. This caused all kinds of craziness including random p0300 codes.