P0606

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

baff

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 TD
Hi All, Just returned from overseas last week and now my Ram is throwing a P0606. All my reading points to a PCM issue.

Is it true that this is a $2,000+ issue ?

I took it to my local mechanic and he couldn't see anything on his advanced scan tool.

Would Dodge dealer be a better option ?

Is it something that needs fixing/checking ASAP ? I've done a bunch of research and keep reading different levels of importance.

Any help appreciated.

OP
OP
baff

baff

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 TD
Does anyone think that cause it was sitting around un-used for 6 weeks that a battery issue may be involved here ?

retiredfireman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
possibility the battery is the cause. get a new one and see if that clears it.
then the dealer, i know none of us are fans of the dealer, but maybe the culprit will be exposed.

OP
OP
baff

baff

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 TD
possibility the battery is the cause. get a new one and see if that clears it.
then the dealer, i know none of us are fans of the dealer, but maybe the culprit will be exposed.

Thanks fireman.

I'll get them to test the batteries.

The problem here is no-one has the knowledge of Rams, so its a little hit and miss. The dealer at least has another one on the books as well. I reckon I've had a few minor CEL's since my 4 LED driving lights went on. i.e.: Codes 12 & 13. In the back of my mind there is a wiring/electrical issue.

Can a P0606 be left to see what happens ?.. ie: get them to clear code and check/clean battery terminals.

20hemi10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Hope this helps. I have seen this code many of times in Rams, Jeeps, Dodges and Chryslers and have always replaced the PCM to fix the issue.

Possible Causes
ENGINE OR FUEL MODIFICATIONS THAT EXCEED OEM SPECIFICATIONS or
POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE (PCM)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Turn the ignition off.
2. Verify all chassis grounds are properly connected.
3. Turn ignition on, engine not running.
4. With the scan tool, read DTCs.
Is P0606 stored?
Yes=Repair complete.

No

Replace and program the Powertrain Control Module in accordance with the Service Information.

OP
OP
baff

baff

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 TD
The dealer did a software update and all "seems" ok. I'm going to get the company who did the electrically changes for the lights to double check their work.