P0711 code but no noticeable issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Project Big black dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Gas
Found a good deal on a OBD II pocket scanner at advance auto parts today. (50% off) :) Brought it home to play with it and I popped a P0711 code. Trans temp sensor A out of range. I've looked for some info on my own, but couldn't find any detailed write-ups on where the sensor is, or how to go about doing the repair. Is this an easy fix for a moderate DIY'er who likes to turn his own wrenches? Basically, I'm asking if this can be accessed from the outside of the trans, or is it inside and better left to a professional? I have no noticeable issues. Shifts good and O/D works correctly. 1996 ram 2wd, 360, 46re. Any help would be appreciated. Pictures especially.

rowdyram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnum 5.9
Likely a failed sensor. It is a fairly simple repair though you do have to drop the pan. iirc it is part of the pressure sensor. I recommend Mopar or Borg warner parts in this case and a good time to do a filter and band adjust while your there