P15 Radio Frequency Hub recall - FCA refuses to do

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GliderDoug

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 3500
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I've searched the forum and although there is a lot of info on P15 I can find nothing similar to my situation. My truck is not in the group that the Customer Satisfaction Notice (not recall) applied to on 2014 trucks, however it has 3 of the 4 symptoms described in the CRS. Since the VIN isn't on their list they refuse to do the "reprogram" even though the CRS is to be done regardless of whether you are the original owner or if the vehicle is out of warranty. The original notice estimated 1/2 hour to do the reprogram. My dealer quoted $170.
Has anyone had similar issues? Does this sound fair?

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
So what you’re saying is that your truck isn’t part of the P15 recall, yet you’re having some of the symptoms?

Unless the software update populates on witech they can’t do it. They can only perform software updates that are compatible.

If you’re truck doesn’t fall within the date/vin range then they can’t perform the recall as Chrysler won’t reimburse the dealer for it.

OP
OP
G

GliderDoug

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 3500
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Tach_tech - I guess my question is whether there is a chance that my truck - out of the VIN group recalled - could have the faulty software causing the same issues that the recall was supposed to fix? And if that is the case, is it Chrysler's responsibility to provide that update?

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
In my years I have seen vehicles outside of a recall date/vin that had the exact issues and were repaired by performing the recall. However it’s not very common, and Chrysler won’t pay for it to be done since it doesn’t fall within the recall.

The only way it would be covered is if you still have warranty.