Panhard for the lifted Fellas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Lol, he’s cool and has some good videos

Those Control arms do look nice

CLOUDL1GHT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins HO
Core 4x4 is about to release one. I exchanged some email with Spence over there. They are releasing the Panhard soon, and will bundle it with their beefy rear upper/lower control arms and endlinks for $799 in a variety of colors.

I found a good review of Spohn v. Core rear control arms here. These things are no joke.

Johnny joints are badass. I like these way better than the spohn arms.

OP
OP
S0CAL

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Longhorn CTD HO DRW 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
Johnny joints are badass. I like these way better than the spohn arms.
yeah those Spohn makeshift bushings are a nifty idea, but wtf those Spohn joints look so inferior.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
@S0CAL you should get them to be a vendor and set up a group buy

OP
OP
S0CAL

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Longhorn CTD HO DRW 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
Not a bad idea, @JB1. I will let 'em know.

Pmexpert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 SRT
Yep, you got a raised bracket that takes care of it, but I bought adjustable to avoid any shifts

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Im just curious...what is the benefit of these on a ram? I made a set of adj upper/lower front and rear heavy duty control arms for my 4 door wrangler with johhny joints. But the jeep needed them because the lift kit i had did not come with long arm control arms that correctly center the axles...and they wanted $1900 for arms and mounting brackets. I built all of them for $200.
Even with the 6” RC lift i have with biksteins set at 2.8” my axles still look centered. Im still reficulously shocked that even with 9” of front lift, my front deiveshaft is not too short.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The adjustable bars are mainly for the lowered guys, the control arms center the axle front to rear and the Panhard bar adjusts too center it left to right. For us lifted guys we really don’t need these because our kits come with brackets to extend/correct the geometry whereas lowering kits don’t. I really don’t see how an adjustable Panhard bar could help us lifted guys aside from being stronger and flexible.
The Johnny joints are good for flexing offroad if your articulating. I do think the beefier Control arms “may” prevent them from deflecting or bending under load which “should” help with wheel hop.

There are some 4” lift kits like Rancho, Superlift and Mopar that don’t include the brackets to correct the rear geometry so the adjustable parts would benefit them.

6.7CumminsDrvr

The Dude abides………
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
There are some 4” lift kits like Rancho, Superlift and Mopar that don’t include the brackets to correct the rear geometry so the adjustable parts would benefit them.

Not exactly sure when the change occurred but my 4” Superlift/Mopar knockoff came with brackets for the rear

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not exactly sure when the change occurred but my 4” Superlift/Mopar knockoff came with brackets for the rear

Ya we went over this in another thread couple months ago, not sure when but if you go to their website and look at what comes in the kit and look at the instructions those parts are no longer included for the 4” kit.

http://www.ramforum.com/threads/4-6”-lift-question.110523/#post-1594205

4” kit instructions
https://smhttp-ssl-64090.nexcesscdn.net/media/installation_guides/8w7H5lceSa2QKU4k8mXd_4604_new.pdf

6” kit instructions
https://smhttp-ssl-64090.nexcesscdn.net/media/installation_guides/4605.pdf

Last edited:

Gary2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Another reason to upgrade the arms are to get ride of a bunch of clevite bushings and replace with the better aftermarket Joints that hold the rear in place better. That also translate to less steering correction on the road and allows more flex when needed. You can also fine tune your pinion angle if needed. As far as the adjustable arms needing to be retightened thats because they are not tightening them enough initially . I have double adjustable arms with Johnny Joints on 2 Wranglers and have never had them come loose and thats off road flexing the hell out of them. On a lowered street truck you sure as hell should not have to readjust them if tightened correctly . I know the Spohn ends are not the same design as JJ's but have yet to see where they are a problem . Same with the Currie or Savvy arms in the Jeep Forums , people ******* about the lock nuts coming loose for the same reason they did not tighten them enough .

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedFlameRam