Parking lot damage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sullivan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
IMG_3221.jpg

Ding right in the center of the photo, it was much worse but I used fukken to clean it as much as I could. From this angle you can't really see the indentation, but it is certainly there.

Not sure where it is from, I noticed it last night while working on the truck. Had to have happened over the weekend and every place I stopped at Is on my bank statements. I don't know if I should bombard every place for camera footage but im pissed. I think it is from a shopping cart, because there is no damage anywhere else. except this area.

I plan to get a shopping cart and see if it meets up where this is at, then I can rule it in or out of possible places. Only place I stopped that had shopping carts was walmart at night.

GlOcKnRaM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
Im sorry to hear that, ****** me off especially if someone just left the cart around and it rolled into your truck. Im a manager at Harris Teeter and some people will leave carts like across the dang street, I hate it! But I hope you figure it all out...

OP
OP
sullivan

sullivan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I almost do not know if I want to go through the trouble of tracking it down at all the places, but if a shopping cart is a direct match, Im going for walmart and my grocer.

LB3711

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
sucks but you park at your own risk in parking lots. It will happen. I have some door dents in mine. Nothing you can do besides don't drive your truck out in the public.

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
looks about car heigh, for costco carts anyways, I work there and see people put carts up against other peoples cars all the time. our have bump stops on the corners tho, that kinda looks like it got hit with a corner/edge other then a flat part, which is about the only way one of our carts will put a dent in

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
I'm sorry, but this pic was posted up on another place today, and it just hopped in my head here.

PRE_2010-04-05-094055.jpg

LOL

LB3711

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
haha aesome. Bubble truck

WhiteRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 2500 CCLB
Engine
6.7 CTD
I want to punch a koala bear in the face every time I find a new dent.

Hurley91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I work in retail also, and I want to roundhouse every customer that leaves their cart between 4 cars. Waddle your fat ass on over to one of our cart corals (No more than 30 feet away), and put you ******* cart back where they're supposted to go.

Hollabakzach23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
^^ this! A lady had a jeep parked across from me at the marsh grocery store in my town and unloaded her car and left the cart in between her jeep and my truck with the cart corral literally 5 steps away from both of us so as she was backing out I grabbed the cart for her an she waved to me. I then proceeded to put it the middle of the aisle she was about to drive down and hopped back in my truck with the cart blocking her from going anywhere until she had to get out and put it up. I sat there and watched the whole thing from the privacy of my truck with the biggest cheesiest grin I'm sure on while she put the cart away and left rather upset.

I'm sorry that happened to your truck though. If Walmart was the only place with cameras and carts I would be willing to bet that they would be ***** about it anyway and wouldn't do anything to help you...

Hurley91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
^^ this! A lady had a jeep parked across from me at the marsh grocery store in my town and unloaded her car and left the cart in between her jeep and my truck with the cart corral literally 5 steps away from both of us so as she was backing out I grabbed the cart for her an she waved to me. I then proceeded to put it the middle of the aisle she was about to drive down and hopped back in my truck with the cart blocking her from going anywhere until she had to get out and put it up. I sat there and watched the whole thing from the privacy of my truck with the biggest cheesiest grin I'm sure on while she put the cart away and left rather upset.

I'm sorry that happened to your truck though. If Walmart was the only place with cameras and carts I would be willing to bet that they would be ***** about it anyway and wouldn't do anything to help you...

If I'm out shopping or whatever, I'll do the samething. If I see someone leave their cart, I'll yell "Let me get that for you!". I'll then put in right in their way, and say "Have a nice day you lazy *****".

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
I watched a lady push her cart a spot away from her vehicle and get in her car shortly followed by the cart rolling back down the slight hill into the side of her SUV
I started to go for the cart when it started to roll to stop it and stopped quickly after I had that "hey wait" thought

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I hate that **** too, even if I park in the boonies, someone still parks next to me. I've gotten over it now, I have so many fkn door dings from inconsiderate people. It sucks for sure.

LoneStar210

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah how is it when you park farther away, someone will still be parked by you when you come out. You and another car with noone even close by.

OP
OP
sullivan

sullivan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Im just going to sat **** it, Ive never done anything to deserve this

Hollabakzach23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If I'm out shopping or whatever, I'll do the samething. If I see someone leave their cart, I'll yell "Let me get that for you!". I'll then put in right in their way, and say "Have a nice day you lazy *****".

Lol yes!!! That's awesome!

I usually do park way out in the boonies I don't mind walking through the parking lot or whatever. And I hate when peoe park next to me out there too because there's plenty of other spots out there to park! Lol

Flashback

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I always take my cart back to the inside of my local grocery store (Publix, no cart corrals). The other day an older man and a young kid were coming out of the store as I was returning the cart. Old guy says to the kid, "Everyone used to take their carts back like he's doing."

Your welcome.

HemiSport07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just park my truck in like 3 spaces in the back of the parking lot its helps but I still get new dings