Passenger Brake/Turn signal light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drpwith3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
97 Dodge Ram 2500 ECLB
12 Valve Automatic
Here is what i have going on. My rear passenger brake light/ turn signal light and hazard won't work but the running light does work. All other lights work as they should. On the dash and the marker light on the front passenger side light up solid as if there's a light out when i hit the right turn signal. Replaced bulb, even swapped bulb side to side and checked fuses. Any help or ideas.

dudeman2009

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 1500 Sport with enough electrical modifications to make my brain hurt
Engine
Magnum 360
There is a problem in the wiring harness then. The ground for the bulb works, so does the running section, just not the turn/brake section.

First thing is to inspect the connector, clean any corrosion. If that doesn't fix it, then you'll have to follow the brown/red wire up the harness to the multifunction switch.

The next question, do you have any trailer tow harness at all? if you do, test the right brake lamp on the trailer connector, if it works, then in narrows down the search area quite a bit, if not, then its before the trailer connector splice.

OP
OP
D

drpwith3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Thanks for the help. After tearing into the wiring for the trailer tow harness, which looked very nice until i got a hold of it. I couldn't find anything there it all looked right and had great connections.
Anyways i followed your advice. I checked the connector to the taillight housing with the light up tester. all good there. so i checked where the bulb plugs in. no corrosion and the tester would light up. threw the bulb back in and the bulb lights up now. long story short where the bulb plugs in one of the prongs was a little bent out of shape. bent it back and it works now.

Gr8bawana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Good to see it was an easy fix.