Passenger bulb out

Discussion in 'Retro Shop' started by Andrew09HEMI, Feb 24, 2017.

1. Andrew09HEMI

Andrew09HEMI Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 6.4
    So this is a recent issue although it could go back to when I first installed. My passenger bulb has always been dimmer than the driver and this evening it went out. If I turn the truck off then back on again it'll light up very dim then go out. I haven't taken the assembly out yet to determine if its wiring issue but hoping you could shed some light. Thanks!!!

2. bhonshell37

bhonshell37 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    hemi 5.7
    My friend with an 01 Ram had a similar problem. Bulbs burning out and dim. We discovered a wire in the harness lost the coating and was shorting from moisture. He thoroughly covered the wire with electrical tape and no issues since

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

3. Andrew09HEMI

Andrew09HEMI Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 6.4
    I'll take a look tmrw but this is kinda why I hate aftermarket stuff. Not saying I don't like the look and brightness but having to worry about it going out and not being able to just swap a bulb at a store is not fun

4. dzltek

dzltek Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Sounds like high resistance in the wiring, not allowing proper voltage to to the bulb. Definitely check your wiring, if it is all good and corrosion free, check your plug, they will burn and melt, not allowing good contact. Also ohm out your bulb. It could be bad also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk