Passenger Leg Room question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

phattwoohie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm buying a new truck in the next month or so and am wondering if the legroom in the ram 2500's or 3500's is the same as in the 1500? I currently own a 1500 and the legroom on the drivers side is fine but my wife who rides on the passenger side complains about the left side of the legroom area all the time.
So the other day I let her drive and I rode on the passenger side and I was fine until about 3 hours into the trip and then I realized what she was complaining about. Your kind of limited on how far you can slide your left leg because of that hump in the middle(I assume that's part of the transmission or something under the truck).
Sorry, I'm not very mechanical, lol. It usually only bothers her on the longer trips but we travel a heck of a lot now. About 12 hours of driving a weekend, 6 there and 6 back.

I had considered buying a 2500 or 3500 if it has more legroom but I'm thinking maybe it's the same size chassis and I should look at something else altogether? I hate to shop Ford or some other brand and I haven't even gone to the dealer yet to sit in other models cause we just been so busy lately. It's 11pm and I just finally got 10 minutes to sit and thought I'd drop a post here and see if anyone has any input.

My current truck has the split bench if that matters?

Kap1

Ex Ram 1500 2013 owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Tundra
Engine
3.5 vvti
Hmm, I have a 1500 QC and I never ever noticed it having limited leg room for the front seats. My wife is 5-6 and she never complained about any leg room on the front passenger seat.

I'm 6-1 and I just rode in the passenger seat for 6 hours trip last week, and never had any wishes to have more legroom. It's plenty to stretch out...

Maybe you just need to move the seat back all the way and recline it a little bit?

How tall is your wife?

Now... Back seat leg room is almost nonexistent on a qc. But it's fine as we only have passengers there once a month or so.

Wahrsuul

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks like you're talking about an '06 Ram. Never ridden in one for long, so can't say what the leg rooms is like. I know in the 4th gen my wife loves the passenger side leg room.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You need to go check out all the brands and let your wife decide, you can change a lot of things on these trucks with aftermarket products but legroom is something your stuck with.

CostaRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I drove for 1 week with 4 persons aboard and they are still alive.
Legroom in the crew cab is limited but if you can slide the front seats ahead then space is enough.
The space in in a quad cab is definitively much more!
I test drove a 2500 and the space begind was much more but i guess it was a quad cab.
I did not bought the 2500 as it was less sportive, even bigger and less comfortabel ride than a 1500.
If you don't need a long bed and a quad cab, the 1500 will be the more comfortable truck for daily use.
Chris

John Jensen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
I have a 1500, one of my brothers has a new 3500. IMHO the 3500 is the same or worse (he has the Aisin tranny) regards the "hump".

aladin_sane

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I drove for 1 week with 4 persons aboard and they are still alive.
Legroom in the crew cab is limited but if you can slide the front seats ahead then space is enough.
The space in in a quad cab is definitively much more!
I test drove a 2500 and the space begind was much more but i guess it was a quad cab.
I did not bought the 2500 as it was less sportive, even bigger and less comfortabel ride than a 1500.
If you don't need a long bed and a quad cab, the 1500 will be the more comfortable truck for daily use.
Chris
I think you have that a little backwards. The crew cab has more back seat room than the quad cab.

Wahrsuul

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My wife has both back and knee issues. I can't buy any vehicle without her riding in it beforehand and approving the seats and ride comfort. I had to put on the AMP Powerboards so she can get in/out easily, but she loves the truck. Even though it gets worse mileage than her Edge, she'd rather take the truck on long trips. The only thing she's not loving is the center console. My first 09 didn't have it, and it left more floor space for her crochet stuff while traveling. :p

CostaRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I think you have that a little backwards. The crew cab has more back seat room than the quad cab.
Ups! Well then it's the opposite, thanks for correcting that!
Chris

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had to put on the AMP Powerboards so she can get in/out easily, but she loves the truck.
Same here, we bought the truck on a Saturday and she made me get the Amps installed the following Tuesday.

Wahrsuul

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Gotta say, I love the look of some of the fixed running boards, but the AMPs are excellent. Besides there's the smile factor of people looking when they hear the noise of them dropping down when I open the door.

ExpressRules

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It is more of a foot room issue. The legroom is fine, but the area is narrow so more difficult to comfortably place your feet.

bchap05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've rode 6 adults in my quad cab. As long as someone doesn't think they need to sprawl out half laying down its fine