Passenger vents blow hot, driver's not as cold, no zone control...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Drunken Hamster

Drunken Hamster

Turncoat Ford Boi
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2005
Engine
was 5.7 Hemi
Sounds like possibly a motor or 2 might not be working. You should be able to get to the motors without having to pull the dash again, might just be a little tight. The defrost one is closest to the driver side.
But how? Remove the cup holder and ash tray?

Sent from my magic 5-inch

xtremewlr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Yeah, I think so. I haven't had to do it myself but I'm sure that you can find the answers via google.

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
But the control panel can still change it to recirculate or fresh. It also works the temp and blower speed just fine.

Then again, I HAVE noticed that sometimes I'll start it up, turn it to full blast straight away, and it'll run on recirc for a split second before flaking out and going to fresh. I usually have to turn it all the way to foot and face recirc to get it back. So maybe it is the controls.

An anyone confirm if the dial has a separate path in it for the recirculation function? If so that would almost confirm its the dial...

The controls pick everything that goes on with the a/c, its a circuit board, part of it can fail, some a/c functions are also managed by the pcm, ive had the switches fail on only selecting the blower speed...

OP
OP
Drunken Hamster

Drunken Hamster

Turncoat Ford Boi
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2005
Engine
was 5.7 Hemi
The controls pick everything that goes on with the a/c, its a circuit board, part of it can fail, some a/c functions are also managed by the pcm, ive had the switches fail on only selecting the blower speed...
So should I start with the module or start with motors, or both?

xtremewlr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I'd say the module since that is the easiest thing to get to and change right now. Hit up the junk yard and find one. I don't think they go bad often but it's certainly worth a shot. And you could probably grab the motors from the donor truck while you are at it.

OP
OP
Drunken Hamster

Drunken Hamster

Turncoat Ford Boi
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2005
Engine
was 5.7 Hemi
I'd say the module since that is the easiest thing to get to and change right now. Hit up the junk yard and find one. I don't think they go bad often but it's certainly worth a shot. And you could probably grab the motors from the donor truck while you are at it.
Hmm... Was thinking about hitting the yard for some 17s and a new driver's seat, anyway.