Passengre side water dripping with air conditioning on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TGoedde

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well, the used Ram 1500 we recently bought needed the air conditioner fixed before we agreed to the purchase. The dealer repaired that, but yesterday I was in the passenger seat while my wife was driving and a stream of cold water flowed out onto my feet from under the glove box area. Any ideas before I go tearing trim pieces off or return to the service department? It is off warrantee so I try to trouble shoot and fix as much as I can myself before giving in.

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Drain isn't hooked up?

When the fan is blowing, I can crawl under the truck and feel air blowing out of the drain.

That’s what it sounds like possibly not secured or it could be stopped up on the outside also. My uncle had a mustang do that and the drain was stopped up on the end of the hose. Damn dirtdobbers...

I Love My 2018 RAM 2500HD 4x4 Off Road. 6.4L. USMC (ret)

OP
OP
T

TGoedde

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I pulled off the trim piece under the glove box and do not see where the water could be coming from. I climbed underneath and see water running down the firewall and frame to drip on the ground. Is there supposed to be an actual hose?

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Thanks for update

OP
OP
T

TGoedde

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey Rado... Thanks for your service to this great nation! My Dad is a Navy man too.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Hey Rado... Thanks for your service to this great nation! My Dad is a Navy man too.

Thank You and please Thank you dad for his service

Jonathan colon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello , All

im having the same issue. do you know where the clamp is that was loose ??

any help would be great thanks.

OP
OP
T

TGoedde

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The repair guy forgot to put on the upper hose clamp and the air conditioning condensation drain water found its way down inside. Start with the hoses that attach to the firewall and then look up inside behind the glove box to see if there is a hose connection there too.

OP
OP
T

TGoedde

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don't think you have to do that. The shop had it for a very short period to fix ours. Hopefully it isn't a cracked connection.