Pecking???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BoDuke

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
Hey guys I replaced a blown head gasket on my 5.9 360 and we'll it had a peck when I started it back up. The driver side is the head gasket I replaced and the peck was coming from the passenger side and I thought I had narrowed it down to lifters on that side and I replaced all 8. Now the peck tick whatever it is still exists. Has anybody run into this problem before??

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Get a long screwdriver. Start the engine. Hold screwdriver to your ear and touch other end to places like valvecover, engine block in the oil filter area, etc. Could check plugs as well

OP
OP
BoDuke

BoDuke

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
Get a long screwdriver. Start the engine. Hold screwdriver to your ear and touch other end to places like valvecover, engine block in the oil filter area, etc. Could check plugs as well

I've done all this and it sounded like the lifters had collapsed on the passenger side and I replaced them. The cam looked nice no bad wear spots or anything. Just wondering why it's still pecking