Pedal Commander

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RAYDEL PORTO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Whats the deal with this? I just did dome light reading about it and watched some videos. Is it real or placebo? Any here run in yet?

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Use the search function, there are a couple long threads already about it.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well worth the money. Does not increase hp or tq however it takes away any "lag" you might experience during acceleration. Lots of people here have them and they seem to get good reviews. As was stated check out the threads about them.
Jay

busterbrown

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 2500 Megacab Laramie
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Instant throttle response mimicks horsepower gains...thats all. Bought one myself, it's fun to use. But be careful with sport plus mode and pulling into tight spaces, (like a residential garage). Too much response may lower precision movements.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
There are A LOT of members here who have them and love them! I have one in my Power Wagon and it makes a huge difference for drivability. no more lag and lazy feeling pedal. We are currently out of stock on them but expect to have them in this week.

Wahrsuul

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
And a few members that have them and don't love them.

Skubasteve!

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
And a few members that have them and don't love them.

Id say overwhelming majority enjoys theres. I like mine, I dont LOVE it. I took it off to go in for dealer work, then I realized how much I enjoy it. It's worth a try at the very least.

RagnarNorsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I dumb down the throttle response with mind when the roads are slippery. I like to think I get better gas mileage because my take offs are steady and slow.

Sport mode is like drag racing mode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

moregrip

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does anyone know if there is any extra wear to the transmission based on the full power sooner vs. the trans ability to move enough fluid quickly enough to retain long term durability?

Wahrsuul

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I ran a few tanks through while in Eco mode on the PC, didn't seem to make any difference to MPG. If there was, I'd keep it. It's been turned off for a couple weeks now. Keep forgetting to take it out and sell it, been spending lots of time on the 98 Ram instead.

If it was a lot less money, I probably would keep it for amusement value, but for what it's worth - even used - I can do other things I'd prefer with the $.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Love mine!

Dhill29

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Bought mine and love it. Told a guy at work and he bought one for his 2014 and loves it.

Erskine2011

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just got one about a month ago and I'm very happy with it. Truck drives so much smoother. Worth the money.

JimfromAZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just got mine and installed it today, along with my carven progressive muffler, and I really like it. It's just tons more responsive. I can definitely see my mpg's going down though. I think it's worth $300, but I can understand why some would just put $300 towards a tuner.

RLJ10X

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
IMG_1960.JPG I don't need one... my little old tuner has that function, along with a whole lot more. I can't remember what I paid for it, but $300 would have been the majority of the purchase price.

MarshRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 SLT 4x4, 2012 ST
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just put the PC on yesterday and have a diablo already. Still a huge difference by far. But, I have not installed a custom tune yet, so I don't really know if that makes the PC obsolete. I'll know in the next month or so.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The tuner, even with a custom tune will work in conjunction with the PC. They compliment each other very well. I think there is a lot more throttle adjustment in the PC than there is with the tuner. When you get your custom tune, mention to your tuner that you have a PC installed. I have both and am totally satisfied---and then some. Good investment for both of them.
Jay

MarshRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 SLT 4x4, 2012 ST
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The tuner, even with a custom tune will work in conjunction with the PC. They compliment each other very well. I think there is a lot more throttle adjustment in the PC than there is with the tuner. When you get your custom tune, mention to your tuner that you have a PC installed. I have both and am totally satisfied---and then some. Good investment for both of them.
Jay

Yeah, I was thinking Jay's custom tune would help with pedal lag, but having all the different options on the PC will be a huge+ to easily dial it in depending on what I'm doing.

Didn't think I was going to be able to find another mod to kill my mpg, but this did it. I can't get myself away from sport+. Haven't even had time to figure out how to get it to the highest setting, that is probably a good thing! Hopefully I get over it soon or I need to add another Benjamin to the monthly gas bill budget. Lol...