Pennzoil Used Oil Analysis Program!

Discussion in 'Engine & Performance' started by SyN, Sep 21, 2015.

Sponsored By: Moe's Performance
  1. ram5.7hemi

ram5.7hemi Senior Member

Ram Year:
    N/A
    Engine:
    N/A
    decided to try this. hoping i get the oil soon approaching first oil change soon. probably going to sound like a dump question but i have never done an oil test on anything before... what exactly does the oil test tell you?

also, my main concern with pennzoil is sludge, I've heard rumors from lots of people, mostly older generations from 25 years ago... that pennzoil caused sludge and this or that etc. will an oil test tell you the quality of the oil say after 5-6k when you change it to know if theres any risk of sludge?

does anyone know how long this pure plus oil from natural gas has been around?

2. derag2

derag2 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    6.4 hemi
    Was she gonna post on here? I would give it a shot but I just changed mine not to long ago to amsoil....

3. R.L.K.

R.L.K. Supporting Member

Ram Year:
    2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
    Engine:
    5.7 Hemi
    I hope she does post it up here , I'd try it too !

4. Burla

Burla Senior Member

Ram Year:
    2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
    Engine:
    Hemi
    I can't say how long it has been around in engine oil, I don't think it has been that long but I could be wrong. Maybe longer in some different engine types like airplanes or something. I think these Penzoils are the first otc to use it as a base, but that is just a guess. Think about it, why to go to that effort when oil just comes from the ground? Most companies would just hydrocrack it then toss some calcium and stuff and call it a day. It is puzzling why Penzoil did this, but it is to the users benefit. Super clean base oil, and if you have any concerns I would let those go, it is the best stuff around next to the Esters.

As far as any oil causing sludge, that is very rare. Most sludge is a result of running oil too long, poor pcv, poor engine design, poor oil flow, hot spots. I have nothing to gain by saying so, I don't use Penzoil at the moment, but they make the best otc products right now. All of the oil guys first choice is Penzoil. It has been polled many times and Penzoil comes out on top with guys who are in the muck with their oil, like me. Interesting for some reason Valvoline is usually second, my guess is second would be M1. Ok I'm ramblling.

hawk and R.L.K. like this.
  5. Burla

Burla Senior Member

Ram Year:
    2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
    Engine:
    Hemi
    So I looked up the process, it is actually easier to use GTL then to filter and crack it. But regardless, it is a very clean base and is easier to get to 20 weight then ground oil, it is thinner by nature.

6. SyN

SyN 6.7L CTD Owner

Ram Year:
    2017 4WD - Tow Prep Pkg - Off-Road Pkg - 3:42s w/Anti-Slip
    Engine:
    6.7L CTD
    Gena asked for the url of this thread... I assumed she had plans on making an appearance... As well as answer any questions...

I just sent her a PM asking her --->If she has time to visit this thread and explain the kits and answer a few questions...

Last edited: Sep 26, 2015
  7. Nutshell

Nutshell Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7 HEMI
    I'm running it now and offered Gena a UOA as a testimonial if you will of how it works in a Hemi. I was told this program is only for new users looking to switch. Too bad, as it's cheap advertising for them for a satisfied customer to take the time to say how well a product works.

8. SyN

SyN 6.7L CTD Owner

Ram Year:
    2017 4WD - Tow Prep Pkg - Off-Road Pkg - 3:42s w/Anti-Slip
    Engine:
    6.7L CTD
    Sorry Nutshell: Here was her response from my message I sent her...

Hi Lonnie - Thank you for following up. Unfortunately, we are only reaching out to members of the BITOG community at this time. To clarify, we are looking for people who are not currently using Pennzoil, so they have the opportunity to compare Pennzoil Synthetics against our competitors. If members of the Ram Forum would like to participate, they can reach out to us on BITOG as several have done already. Thank you again for spreading the word, sharing your experience with us, and participating in the program! Best, Gena

For those who ARE interested... Visit BITOG and message her... Make sure to stress you are not currently using Pennzoil...

9. Burla

Burla Senior Member

Ram Year:
    2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
    Engine:
    Hemi
    Pretty ignorant to not go after Rams seeing the partnership with Chrysler and Penzoil. If they tossed a couple cases our way it would have went miles. If I was running there PR, I would make the offer to say 5 members from every different site. It would get a lot more mileage, because BITOG already knows the value of Penzoil, lol. Anyhow, regardless of Penzoil not reaching out to us, the stuff is still on top of the heap as far as the OTC stuff. BTW, Redline aint reaching out either, this forum is ripe for the taking if any oil companies are watching. Hopefully it would be Redline, Motul, Amsoil or Penzoil, but I aint gonna beg.

10. Burla

Burla Senior Member

Ram Year:
    2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
    Engine:
    Hemi
    Hey Syn, thanks for trying though, worth a shot.

:waytogo:

R.L.K. likes this.