Pennzoil Used Oil Analysis Program!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

powderbrad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I might have gotten the last of it!

Got a call from UPS today saying they were going to deliver it sometime soon. When I messaged that woman on BOBS oil, she said they were running low on oils. But they had some 5-20 left.

OP
OP
SyN

SyN

6.7L CTD Owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 4WD - Tow Prep Pkg - Off-Road Pkg - 3:42s w/Anti-Slip
Engine
6.7L CTD
Contacted them, was told to send my information and when I did they said they were full and no longer doing this. Disappointing.

Sorry to hear this! I was curious how long Gena was going to let this program run... Now I know...

clittle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Pennzoil Ultra Platinum program got Platinum LOL

Got my kit this week, wow the lady said 3-4 weeks I got mine in 6 weeks. When I messaged her to ask where they were she didn't reply. But then magically it appeared. Here is what it looks like. Im not going to lie was a little disappointed because I was expecting the Pennzoil ultra platinum but instead got the Platinum. Even the box says Ultra Platinum.. but i got it for free so not going to complain to much. And cant wait to try it out! Keep you guys updated with how the oil is after testing.

Attachments

• oil.jpe
    oil.jpe
    27.2 KB · Views: 77
  • oil2.jpg
    oil2.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 152
Reactions: SyN
OP
OP
SyN

SyN

6.7L CTD Owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
clittle: Take my word for it the PP is every bit as robust as the PUP... I honestly think the only difference is the amount of calcium-->More Cleaning ability... The PUP starts off with a bit more TBN so the owner can extend the OCI a bit longer... but that is all I see...

No Worries mate!

RodRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Plus you can find PP in every Walmart and parts store, but I have not been able to find a single store that carries ultra, Walmart has it on the website but not in the store so I went with PP after wasting time hunting ultra.

raven3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi RCSB Express
Have used PU in my three vehicles since GTL was formulated, one being a 2013 Dodge Challenger that recently was traded for the RAM 5.7l RCSB, now 1500 miles on it.
Other two vehicles are 09 Honda 4 cylinders with 200k miles on one.
Converted from factory fill (PYB) to PP @ 1k miles on the new RAM.
OCI was always ~5k miles and used Fram XG oil filters.

Found an interesting discussion thread on BITOG comparing UOA between PYB & Valvoline Premium conventional.
Conclusion was the UOA is worthless without an engine tear down to measure actual wear.

Will be putting ~ 1000 miles/week on the new Hemi traveling round trip from home to almond orchard farm

Note: still on the original set of spark plugs on the 200k mile odometer Honda.
Contribute to using Cheveron gas its entire life and using PP motor oil.

Would prefer to use PUP on the new Hemi rather than PP, because the PUP results in cleaner rings, according to the Pennzoil motor oil comparison.

However, have not been successful in locating a cost effective source for PUP.

Buy PP @ WM in 5 gal jugs for $22.

clittle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Amazon

Only place I have ever found the PUP, is online at Amazon it ranges from 35 bucks to 45 bucks their. But it supposedly MSRP's for 26 bucks have never seen it on a shelf or seen it online for that price.

Attachments

• oil.JPG
    oil.JPG
    85 KB · Views: 154

raven3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi RCSB Express
Shell/Pennzoil needs to up their game on marketing PUP.

ram5.7hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
N/A
Engine
N/A
just changed my oil to the one the sent me. i took a sample and am ready to send it off.... my question is the package the sent me has labels on it already one for blackstone labs but the other is a different address where i would normally put mine? the label says the kerry group i believe? isn't the test results sops to come back to me..? should i put my address label on the package?

ram5.7hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
N/A
Engine
N/A
has anyone gotten results done yet? is the oil test itself sopose to be prepaid by pennzoil or just the package pre paid?

OP
OP
SyN

SyN

6.7L CTD Owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
I am running mine through May... Changed the 1st week in december... Hopefully have around 5K-6K miles on OCI...

UOA is paid for by pennzoil no TBN! Customer has to pay to get the sample to blackstone... Small price to pay

ram5.7hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
N/A
Engine
N/A
I am running mine through May... Changed the 1st week in december... Hopefully have around 5K-6K miles on OCI...

UOA is paid for by pennzoil no TBN! Customer has to pay to get the sample to blackstone... Small price to pay

ah i think it might e the other way around.... at least for me...? i got a pre paid envelope.. i assumed the UOA was pre paid to but got a letter back saying there was no check or payment method included in the envelope and to call them.

not bad i think its $25 or something like that to test it... i was just under the impression from reading post here and talking to the pennzoil girl at BITOG that it was all pre paid for.

OP
OP
SyN

SyN

6.7L CTD Owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Will call me a retard. Went to get my envelope and my sample kit. Everything is paid for ...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 76

bassheadhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Here's mine after 7000km on dealers oil (12450km total on the engine) and dealer filter

I've added a quarter of bottle I've got from Esso after around 3000km and would have need probably another quarter just before change. Catch can was half full.

oil.jpg
View attachment LOUIS CHAINARD-112215 (2).pdf

I'm now running PUP and Royal Purple filter

ram5.7hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
N/A
Engine
N/A
Will call me a retard. Went to get my envelope and my sample kit. Everything is paid for ...

yes, mine was like that as well, however after sending it into blackstone i got a letter stating they wanted a form of payment for the UOA..

OP
OP
SyN

SyN

6.7L CTD Owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Here is my conversation with Gena a while back---->

Gena: I never thought to ask... Does Pennzoil pay for the UOA or do the owners?

Thanks Lonnie

Here is Her answer!--->

There is no cost to participate in the program.

You might message her on BITOG if you have an account... If You don't I can do it..

Sent her a message just now..

Last edited:

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Thanks for posting the UOA, pretty horrible wear numbers on that PUP, but it is a newer engine so hard to blame the oil on that. Something for the forum members who constantly say engines don't need to be broken in. If they always show a ton of wear early, then that is a sign the smooth tolerances everyone thinks we have, we don't really have. Also, guys and gals, you may want to take personal info off these UOA sheets before posting.

Brother with that UOA, I would highly recommend going up to 30 weight.

bassheadhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for posting the UOA, pretty horrible wear numbers on that PUP, but it is a newer engine so hard to blame the oil on that. Something for the forum members who constantly say engines don't need to be broken in. If they always show a ton of wear early, then that is a sign the smooth tolerances everyone thinks we have, we don't really have. Also, guys and gals, you may want to take personal info off these UOA sheets before posting.

Brother with that UOA, I would highly recommend going up to 30 weight.

This isn't the UOA for the PUP, but for the oil that came from the dealer. I'm now running on the PUP and will report back when I get my 2nd UOA

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Thanks for clearing that up, great info. And I feel better knowing that! Get the TBN next time!