Performance tuner 5.7L HEMI

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

preston75052

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Hey guys..

In the hunt for a performance tuner for my 07 Dodge ram 1500 5.7L. I'm looking to get some more horsepower and better MPG.

What are you guys using for tuners with a similar application? Any suggestions?

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Diablosport.

I used a Diablosport Predator on my 2007 MegaCan with the 5.7L HEMI. Got some nice gains and a bit more highway mileage. The around town city driving didn't improve much at all.

Currently, Diablosport sells several models that will work with your truck. If you want a custom tune done, the I3 is the model to purchase. And you'll want to be able to get a custom tune on your truck. The results are amazing.

OP
OP
preston75052

preston75052

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
So I am currently looking at the InTune i3 Platinum Programmer (8345) by DiabloSport. Is that a good one to go with? Another thing, I don't want to go to crazy with a tuner as far as price and getting deep into tunes. I just want something decent that will get me by while I own the truck LOL..

I also own a SCT Tuner with HEMI fever tunes already loaded like 93 octane for example. I am just unfamiliar on how to use it...LOL Would that work?

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Yes, that's a good one to go with.

The SCT tuner will work as well as long as the tunes were built for a HEMI of your vintage and if it's not already VIN locked to another vehicle.

I'd give the SCT tuner a try first. You could send an email to Hemifever through his website and ask him for some instructions on loading the tuner to your truck.

OP
OP
preston75052

preston75052

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
The tunes in the SCT is definitely not for my VIN and do not know if its VIN locked. I bought this SCT used from someone a couple years back for a previous truck and it wouldn't work and planned on getting a custom tune for it. I'll definitely reach out to hemifever and see what he can do. Do you know his actual website by a chance?

Thanks,

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
The tunes in the SCT is definitely not for my VIN and do not know if its VIN locked. I bought this SCT used from someone a couple years back for a previous truck and it wouldn't work and planned on getting a custom tune for it. I'll definitely reach out to hemifever and see what he can do. Do you know his actual website by a chance?

Thanks,
https://www.hemifevertuning.com/

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Stock engine no internal mods Superchips; also gets you trans tuning
Internal mods or custom tune Diablo

OP
OP
preston75052

preston75052

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Thanks guys! I went with the InTune i3 Platinum Programmer (8345) by DiabloSport. Took me a minute to figure everything out, updates, calibration etc but I programmed the 87 Octane for now and OMG its like a different truck!

OP
OP
preston75052

preston75052

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Stock engine no internal mods Superchips; also gets you trans tuning
Internal mods or custom tune Diablo

It's got a Airaid cold air, 40 series flowmaster dumped for now. I will be installing BBK's headers.

What is the trans tuning for? With this stock tune I can feel the different shift points. Is this gonna beef it up? lol

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
It's got a Airaid cold air, 40 series flowmaster dumped for now. I will be installing BBK's headers.

What is the trans tuning for? With this stock tune I can feel the different shift points. Is this gonna beef it up? lol
Change shift points, line pressure, torque management, etc. You can actually change the whole shift schedule, to the point that 2P is effectively locked out. So no, trans tuning will not beef up a transmission (that is purely mechanical) but it can help it live longer and act better.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
preston75052

preston75052

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Change shift points, line pressure, torque management, etc. You can actually change the whole shift schedule, to the point that 2P is effectively locked out. So no, trans tuning will not beef up a transmission (that is purely mechanical) but it can help it live longer and act better.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Would you know how much a tune like that would cost?

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Well you have a Diablo, so you can't do it yourself. Would require a CMR tuner who knew how to do it. Superchips has it as a user option.

Tsmith646

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sorry to butt in on you guys conversation, I’m new to this forum stuff, I have a 2016 ram longhorn 1500 with th 5.7 hemi. The thing shuts the motor off at 105 106. What tuner would you recommend I purchase to get rid of that speed limiter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Not sure if anyone has come out with a tuner for anything that new without requiring a PCM swap. Go to Diablosport's website and see what they have for your truck.

recian

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 24v
After reading this I'm considering a Diablo predator for my 06 MC. Do they lock to a vehicle? My dad kind of wants to toy with it on his 07 aspen

recian

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 24v
Sorry to butt in on you guys conversation, I’m new to this forum stuff, I have a 2016 ram longhorn 1500 with th 5.7 hemi. The thing shuts the motor off at 105 106. What tuner would you recommend I purchase to get rid of that speed limiter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

a guy at work did this with a Diablo but he had to change the pcm first. Well he bought another pcm and sent it off so he could still drive the truck and have the original as a backup

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
After reading this I'm considering a Diablo predator for my 06 MC. Do they lock to a vehicle? My dad kind of wants to toy with it on his 07 aspen

One at a time, it locks (or marries) the tuner to the vehicle.

Tanor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diablosport t2 with hemifever tune I got mine on Moe’s performance