Performend 8.4 swap, Blower motor died, which one should i get?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cryptz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2014 express that i performed the 8.4 swap in about a year ago. Part of that included getting a new ac control module.

My AC blower motor recently started squeaking and I am preparing to order a new one. I noted that there are 3 blower motors available. The correct one depends if you have auto climate control and the 8.4 screen or not. At this point I am wondering what one I should get. I am thinking perhaps I do have auto climate control now that i changed the control module and screen, but there may be additional wires going to the fan that I would not have..

anyone familiar enough with this to know? When i check most part sites with my vin all 3 options are still presented. I am assuming the fan didnt die early as a result of me swapping the other components but i suppose its possible.. At the moment these are the 3 i am finding:

68048903AB

Blower Motor

RAM 1500; W/ O ATC; W/ O START/ STOP SYSTEM; W/ 8.4 TOUCH SCREEN

68048905AB

RAM 1500; W/ O ATC; W/ START/ STOP SYSTEM; W/ 8.4 TOUCH SCREEN

68214892AB

RAM 1500; W/ O ATC; W/ O START/ STOP SYSTEM; W/ O 8.4 TOUCH SCREEN

I believe 68214892AB is the correct replacement for my original setup.

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Well, you probably don't want the second one, unless you actually have the START/ STOP SYSTEM system on your truck. Past that, since you did not change out the the blower when you did the radio swap, you probably want the one that matches your original one. Any chance you can pull the original and check the part number?

-K

OP
OP
C

cryptz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
yea i ended up getting the original one just to be safe.