Philips H11 CrystalVision Ultra Upgrade Headlight/Foglight bulb ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
YES another headlight ? :O After reading so many threads on headlight upgrades I decided against modding the headlights other then a brighter bulb !

Anyone here used these ?
Pros/Cons ?
Likes dislikes ?
Recommend another ?
DO NOT want to mod the headlights !
DO NOT want to spend $300.00 to convert as I am a cheap old fart :O
Thanks

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00U1OL356/

Skubasteve!

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the zxe sylvania bulbs in my fogs and they made a noticeable difference. Im probably going to grab a pair for my non projector headlights as well.

OP
OP
Rado

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
I have the zxe sylvania bulbs in my fogs and they made a noticeable difference. Im probably going to grab a pair for my non projector headlights as well.
Thanks for your reply.. I read that the Sylvania Bulbs loose light fairly fast ! Have you noticed any difference ?

Jrod

USAF 1997-2008
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Sport
Engine
I recently upgraded low/high beams to philips 9011. Noticeably brighter than 9005 since they produce a few hundred more lumen. BUT I’m going to install DDM tuning 35w 5500k canbus HID tomorrow. Literally $80 on amazon prime. Made specifically for RAM 15+.

Last edited:

clay282

Black Betty had a child... named Betty White
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Thanks for posting this. These non projector headlights are the only thing I don't like about the truck. I need an upgrade but I don't want to go all out with all new projectors. After the level kit got put on they actually got better range (nobody is flashing me) but they need brighter light now.

I want brighter light, whiter light but I can't say I want to spend $150 on ZXE high and low beams + fog lights so the color temp matches. I know some of this is opinion based but some folks say the ZXE bulbs burn out faster and lose brightness faster.

CostaRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I have the Sylvania SilverStar Ultra as Sylvania claims that the reach further than all of their bulbs.
In fact, they are much better than the original headlight bulbs and they reached much further as before.
They probably turned a tad less blue and this can give the impression that they are going dim after some time.
But i am still happy with them and i don't see the need to spend money and tinker with my electric system.
Actually it seems also that most of the not oem led/hid bulbs in oem headlights are bright, but blind the incoming traffic.
They may be solutions installing a headlight optimized for led or hid to avoid this problem.
Here in Costa Rica 80% of the cars have super bright blue bulbs with the result that driving in the night is dangerous due the continuing blinding.
The Philips CrystalVison Ultra may work as the Sylvania SylverStar Ultra, but i never used them.

BTW: It looks to me that the Philips X-tremeVision is probably the better and less blueish choice.

Chris

Jstmahoney

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 1500 5.7 Crew Cab 4x4
Engine
5.7 hemi
I’m also interested in another cheap headlight upgrade. Under $100. I have silver star ultras in my Journey. They still seem pretty bright. I was thinking of getting some Phillips Chrystal vision plus for the fogs, high and low beams. All off amazon would run me $80 out the door.

2017 RAM 1500 Laramie 4X4 Crew
from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cpotts13

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 1500 Laramie
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I’m also interested in another cheap headlight upgrade. Under $100. I have silver star ultras in my Journey. They still seem pretty bright. I was thinking of getting some Phillips Chrystal vision plus for the fogs, high and low beams. All off amazon would run me $80 out the door.

2017 RAM 1500 Laramie 4X4 Crew
from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did the 9005 to 9011 swap on my 17 Laramie. Used the Philips 9011 HIR bulbs. Here is some before and after shots..

49lWUMZ.jpg
Riyti0H.jpg

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
You guys think the Phillips CrystalVision halogens are really white colored, I thought the same exact thing when I put them in my Ram.

Well... once I put in my Opt-7 Fluxbeam-X led kit, I realized how yellow and dull the Phillips Crystalvisiom bulbs really were.

Here's a pic of when I was installing the Opt7's.

5f9241fbbae7024c26b7935f05187e9b.jpg
The Passenger side is the Opt7 led. The driver side and the fog lights are Phillips Crystalvision bulbs.

When I first installed the Phillips I thought they were so white and so bright, but it was just compared to the stock bulbs, they were, but in reality they are still dirty yellow and dull.

clay282

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Looks great, but I don't want to pay $300 for low beam, high beam and fog lights. I want to see better, but I don't drive enough at night to need all that.

Steveo8x8

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 2500 Megacab
Engine
6.7l Cummins
i have these exact lights you mentioned in the heads and fogs of my 17 laramie. made a huge difference, i get flashed all the time because the trucks lifted and they are so bright. would definitely buy them again. think i paid like $15 or $20 for them on amazon. if you look they put $5 coupons for them on amazon all the time

blackbeautyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Looks great, but I don't want to pay $300 for low beam, high beam and fog lights. I want to see better, but I don't drive enough at night to need all that.
Yea same here. I just want a good bulb for in the factory quads. I don’t mind modifying a bulb to fit like the guys are doing for their projectors but their bulbs are different than the quad headlights so I’m unsure what to do.

PNW2Tone

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Yea same here. I just want a good bulb for in the factory quads. I don’t mind modifying a bulb to fit like the guys are doing for their projectors but their bulbs are different than the quad headlights so I’m unsure what to do.
Well, I can speak on my experience with the Sylvania Silverstar Ultra and Philips Crystal Vision as we sell them both at my warehouse. Both great bulbs but I replaced 3 sets of Sylvanias in my wife's car before switching to Philips and haven't had a problem with them. Put Philips in the HB, LB and fog lights in my truck and they're great for halogen upgrades. (Even replaced all other bulbs with Philips LEDs). I recommend the Crystal Vision bulbs for halogen upgrades.

The problem with super high output halogen is they don't last long so you gotta find a balance between life and output. I'll post some night pics later.

Ultimately I'd love to go with an HID/Projector setup as HIDs aren't designed for these reflector lenses. Anyone have any pictures of their LED beams? I know they're white, let's see the throw..

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

clay282

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Well, I can speak on my experience with the Sylvania Silverstar Ultra and Philips Crystal Vision as we sell them both at my warehouse. Both great bulbs but I replaced 3 sets of Sylvanias in my wife's car before switching to Philips and haven't had a problem with them. Put Philips in the HB, LB and fog lights in my truck and they're great for halogen upgrades. (Even replaced all other bulbs with Philips LEDs). I recommend the Crystal Vision bulbs for halogen upgrades.

The problem with super high output halogen is they don't last long so you gotta find a balance between life and output. I'll post some night pics later.

Thanks man! That's info I can use. From what I understand... I'll have to remove the entire headlight to change out the bulbs and I really don't want to do that anymore than I have to. It doesn't matter if the bulb is super bright if I have to change it out every year and pay for another set. I actually had the Phillips Crystal Vision in my Amazon cart but I wasn't ready to pull the trigger.

PNW2Tone

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Thanks man! That's info I can use. From what I understand... I'll have to remove the entire headlight to change out the bulbs and I really don't want to do that anymore than I have to. It doesn't matter if the bulb is super bright if I have to change it out every year and pay for another set. I actually had the Phillips Crystal Vision in my Amazon cart but I wasn't ready to pull the trigger.
Right on! I got em in the factory fogs too and run with those on too. At night, they definitely look whiter and I can't remember how the stocks were since I did these days after I bought the truck but I can't complain about the Philips bulbs for what they are. Let me know how you like em!

Ya, that headlight removal...first YouTube vid I watched had me going the wrong way with the tab in back of the headlight so I yanked on that thing for way too long lol don't wanna do that again any sooner than necessary lol!

RoadRamblerNJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
I recently upgraded low/high beams to philips 9011. Noticeably brighter than 9005 since they produce a few hundred more lumen. BUT I’m going to install DDM tuning 35w 5500k canbus HID tomorrow. Literally $80 on amazon prime. Made specifically for RAM 15+.
I had those DDM Tuning HIDs on my '09 SLT. I also cut one in half and put it on my HD Softail. Holy crap, what a difference. You can see into the future with these things!

Not 1st, 2nd or 3rd? No Trophy!

RoadRamblerNJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
I live in deer country. $300. Is cheap insurance if you can see those two little reflective eyes an extra 100 yds away, IMHO. I've hit 2 and wife has 2 to her name prior to me upgrading lights to LED and/or HID. Only 1 since, but that was a *** attack from 4:00 o'clock. He hit me. Can't stop a kamikaze deer with any light.

Not 1st, 2nd or 3rd? No Trophy!

cpotts13

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 1500 Laramie
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yeah... Don't be that person that blinds everyone by putting HIDs in halogen hosuings. They emit light differently, and you end up getting less vision. It appears like you get more because it is dispering light upwards rather than at the road.

Quad headlights. Don't do HIDs.
Projector. The effect is less than quads, but the projectors were specifically designed for halogen bulbs.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

clay282

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I upgraded my bulbs today and just wanted to throw a couple things out there.

1st... you CAN get the headlights out and change the bulbs without removing the grill but I wouldn't! The bottom nut closest to the grill was some kinda double opposite threaded insanity. Had to take the light back out 3-4 times = fiasco! If the grill was off I could have seen what I was doing easier.

2nd... seeing what your doing is just about impossible once your ratchet extension is down in there. So, pull the grill lol.

3rd... Check your fog lights BEFORE you order them. Mine has a level kit on it, so it was easy to slide under there, but I had the wrong bulb. All the part numbers said 9145 for the fogs, so I ordered those. I planned to upgrade the bulb to a 9006 for 200 more lumens. The 9006 was already the factory bulb in there, so I had to make a run to the parts store.

PNW2Tone

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I upgraded my bulbs today and just wanted to throw a couple things out there.

1st... you CAN get the headlights out and change the bulbs without removing the grill but I wouldn't! The bottom nut closest to the grill was some kinda double opposite threaded insanity. Had to take the light back out 3-4 times = fiasco! If the grill was off I could have seen what I was doing easier.

2nd... seeing what your doing is just about impossible once your ratchet extension is down in there. So, pull the grill lol.

3rd... Check your fog lights BEFORE you order them. Mine has a level kit on it, so it was easy to slide under there, but I had the wrong bulb. All the part numbers said 9145 for the fogs, so I ordered those. I planned to upgrade the bulb to a 9006 for 200 more lumens. The 9006 was already the factory bulb in there, so I had to make a run to the parts store.
I had my issues with the lights too and I was doing them at closing time at work lol. So how do you like em? Better? Worth it? Here's my night shots with/low beams and fogs.cvun1.jpgcvun2.jpgcvun3.jpgcvun4.jpg