Plastic Restoration + Steering Wheel Reconditioning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
The black trim around my dash is full of tiny scratches. Are there any good products out there to remove the scratches from the plastic and make it look like new?

Also, my steering wheel is sticky and has sun damage. Any tips to make it smooth so it slides easily through my hands while driving?

Moparmaniac2114

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
Can't comment on the trim, but when I bought my truck, the interior was absolutely disgusting. Steering wheel felt like someone soaked it in soda out in the sun. I took a bucket of hot water with some Mr clean and scrubbed like crazy and it seemed to work really well

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Mohpar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.9
Also, my steering wheel is sticky and has sun damage. Any tips to make it smooth so it slides easily through my hands while driving?

My steering wheels was the same. After driving it felt like I had glue in my hands. After trying a ton of stuff - water, vinegar, lots of stuff.

I got almost all of it off, but I ultimately put on a steering wheel cover. Now it's a $6 one from Walmart, has lasted over a year and a half, and matches the seats leather perfectly. Slides perfect through my hands and fixed the sticky issue.

ktedwards

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Armor all cleaning wipes get the steering wheel gunk off fairly easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk