Possible new truck question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigRed4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am making the drive to check out this truck after work tomorrow but I had a couple questions for those that have been through the process. Would the dealer swap tires from my current truck to the new one? I only have about 4k miles on a set of 35" trail grapplers and I want to keep them. Which also means I'll need to buy a new set up bil's. Or...probably a dumb question but has anyone ever had the dealer swap their shocks? My bil's were put on the same time as my tires, would I be able to swap 2014 to 2018 and vice versa?

Also in the listing it says gear ratio is both 3:21 and 3:55. Any clarification on that?

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for...rchRadius=100&makeCode1=RAM&modelCode1=RM1500

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
Its a 8sp so it either had 3:21s or 3:92s, so I would guess 321s.

I would think they would swap tires with no problem but would charge to swap shocks unless you could swing it in the deal.

OP
OP
BigRed4x4

BigRed4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Its a 8sp so it either had 3:21s or 3:92s, so I would guess 321s.

I would think they would swap tires with no problem but would charge to swap shocks unless you could swing it in the deal.
Yeah I would ask for to be added to the deal but worst case scenario I pay to have them installed, no biggie.

I'm not sold on the V6, having never driven one and coming from a tuned hemi it might be a deal breaker. Also a the quad vs crew, no kids so not a deal breaker but you never know what's coming down the pipe. Lol I'd like a center console but again not a deal breaker.

Just thinking it might be time to upgrade so I'm testing the waters and this has been the best deal I've found so far and it might be time to take advantage of the discounts on the 18's with the 19's shipping to dealers.

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Here is the original window sticker

https://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=1C6RR7GG7JS310913

Has 3.55 upgrade, heated seat and wheel package, and Bighorn.

Big Horn Package 22S $2,700
Rear Power Sliding Window
Apple CarPlay® Capable
Google Android Auto™ Capable
Media Hub (2 USB, Aux)
Rear Floor Mats
1–Year SiriusXM® Guardian Service
Uconnect® 4C with 8.4–Inch Display
USB Host Flip
P275/60R20 OWL All Season Tires
LED Bed Lighting
A/C Auto Temperature Control with Dual Zone Control
20–Inch x 8.0–Inch Aluminum Chrome Clad Wheels
Class IV Receiver Hitch
Fog Lamps
Cloth 40 / 20 / 40 Premium Bench Seat
Power 10–Way Driver Seat
Rear 60 / 40 Split Folding Seat
Folding Flat Load Floor Storage
Electric Shift–On–Demand Transfer Case
7–Inch Multi–View Cluster
Leather–Wrapped Steering Wheel
Steering Wheel Mounted Audio Controls
Power Heated Mirrors with Power Fold–Away
Exterior Mirrors with Courtesy Lamps
Sun Visors with Illuminated Vanity Mirrors
Overhead Console with Garage Door Opener
115–Volt Auxiliary Power Outlet
ParkSense® Front / Rear Park–Assist System
Remote–Start System (N/A Manual Transmission)
Heated Seats and Wheel Group $545
Heated Front Seats
Heated Steering Wheel
3.55 Rear Axle Ratio $95

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
I did nor see it was a V6, I see they come with 3:55s wonder why the Hemi 8sp dont ?

35s on that V6 is going to take any zip they have right away..lol

OP
OP
BigRed4x4

BigRed4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I did nor see it was a V6, I see they come with 3:55s wonder why the Hemi 8sp dont ?

35s on that V6 is going to take any zip they have right away..lol
Ha, yep I know... Honestly though after having the hemi and tune for 3ish years I really don't get on it. Pretty much drive like an old man. It was fun at first though. Lol

I have a buddy with 35's and v6 and "claims" it's fine. He told me to come test drive his I just haven't yet.

Financially I think it makes sense

zrfraser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
The V6s come with 3.21 and 3.55 ratios. The 3.55 is better if you tow or may tow in the future since it almost doubles the tow rating. The 35's will make a difference in MPG, but if you truly drive like an old man you probably wont really notice a difference. I love my V6 and most V6 owners will say the same thing. I also love my Quad Cab and I have kids. They fit fine, and will fit even better once they are out of car seats.

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The v6 with the 8 speed isn’t to bad on 35’s. Fuel economy will take a hit and acceleration but it’s not going to be a Chevy 5.3 kind of dog

OP
OP
BigRed4x4

BigRed4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The most I tow is an 18ft pontoon twice a year so that’s not an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
BigRed4x4

BigRed4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The v6 with the 8 speed isn’t to bad on 35’s. Fuel economy will take a hit and acceleration but it’s not going to be a Chevy 5.3 kind of dog

Funny you mention the 5.3. My brother has that and I just drove his truck yesterday and to compare that to my hemi is almost comical. Lol

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Funny you mention the 5.3. My brother has that and I just drove his truck yesterday and to compare that to my hemi is almost comical. Lol

My brother in law is a GM guy all the way, he always compliments my Hemi and realizes that his last 6 trucks all the 5.3 are [emoji90]

OP
OP
BigRed4x4

BigRed4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good price!

I thought so. I have a tradesman st and it does what a truck is meant to do but I wouldn’t mind some of the interior upgrades. That’s the trade off for having the hemi. That and having 100k miles on my current truck I just want to get out of it before the normal maintenance starts.

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Shoot $25,000 around here will get you a “ used “ truck at the least...

Father Of Four

RammerHarder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nice truck, but truthfully, i couldnt buy it unless it had the HEMI.

OP
OP
BigRed4x4

BigRed4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nice truck, but truthfully, i couldnt buy it unless it had the HEMI.

I don’t blame you and love having one. I’m just apparently being overly practical which isn’t my usual. In this deal I see a new zero mile truck for the price of a hemi that might be 1-2 years old and have 30kish miles. I’m just thinking longevity of my next truck.
Maybe it’s how it was ingrained in me as a kid in the 80’s and 90’s that at vehicle was only reliable until 100k and then you should expect issues. I know trucks are much more reliable today but I just have always had a hard time shaking that thought.

zrfraser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I don’t blame you and love having one. I’m just apparently being overly practical which isn’t my usual. In this deal I see a new zero mile truck for the price of a hemi that might be 1-2 years old and have 30kish miles. I’m just thinking longevity of my next truck.
Maybe it’s how it was ingrained in me as a kid in the 80’s and 90’s that at vehicle was only reliable until 100k and then you should expect issues. I know trucks are much more reliable today but I just have always had a hard time shaking that thought.

My V6 has 102,000 miles, no hiccups yet. It does everything I need a truck to do which is haul kids and haul stuff from Home Depot.

Ramnewbie

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've had 2 3.6's , not in pickups but in grand caravans, both have been reliable solid engines and run great. That being said I wouldn't trade my Hemi ram for anything, love that truck. I've never driven a V6 ram but talked to several owners and they are well satisfied. It's all in what you want and what fits into the budget.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
BigRed4x4

BigRed4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Whelp... I hesitated because of the V6 and now it's gone. In hindsight I should have went for the test drive but I have a feeling that I wouldn't be satisfied after putting my 35"'s on it.

Oh well, I love my current truck.